Almost there!

Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute
Question Almost there!

Hi all!

I've been browsing here for some time now and thank you so much for all the advice you've given others which I have used myself! I finally got around to posting.

I'm in the final stages of my K visa now after a long many months since October. I have booked my embassy appointment for 3 weeks from today (21st July although hoping I can schedule sooner if a slot becomes free) and I have the following:
  • UK Passport
  • US passport style photos (4 since the machine gave me 4!)
  • MRV instructions (including copy)
  • MRV fee receipt (delivery on here also with a copy)
  • My birth certificate and copy
  • ACRO Police certificate and copy
  • DS-160 confirmation page with copy
  • Approved I-129F with the letter from the Embassy saying they have received my approved petition
  • Medical receipts
  • Affidavit of support alongside my own financial records to show I will not rely on public funds.

Is there anything I am missing? I've got everything on the PDF form on the UK US Embassy website. Just wondered if anyone thought about taking anything extra just in case!?

Has anyone got an update on how long it would be likely to take to get from the embassy to my house if approved? I've seen varied things on two US Govt. websites.. one saying 10 days for processing the other 3 working weeks.

Thank you in advance!
Jonathan/Smartyy
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost there!

Looks good, just checked what I brought with me, and while they didn't end up checking half of it I can't remember what they did and did not need.

Only other things I brought along;

~I-797 Approval notice that my then Fiancee received for I-129F petition approval (although I don't think they asked for this)
~ Interview appointment letter (they have it in their systems but this will save you time, so bring it)
~ Courier receipt
~ Proof of ongoing relationship (They didn't ask to see any, but I felt better having it with me and you never know)

I got the package back from the embassy within 10 days

Good luck! It's a straight forward interview!
Old Jun 30th 2016, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smartyy
Is there anything I am missing?
You'll need a copy of your fiancée's passport or birth certificate to prove she's a USC, and a note from her indicating her willingness to marry you within 90 days of your entry to the US.

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2016, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I'll bear those in mind and make sure I get them ready!

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
I got the package back from the embassy within 10 days
Was this 10 working days or weekends included?

Thanks again for your reply!
Old Jun 30th 2016, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian, I've asked my Fiancé to send this over to me. I hadn't thought of taking those with me.

Thanks again for you response, I really appreciate it
Old Jul 1st 2016, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember the exact timeframe, I had my interview one day during the week and by the end of the following week I had received it.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 9:54 am
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine recently was interview on the Friday, processed on the Mon - Tues and handed over to the courier on Wed and delivered by Friday to the depo all within the same week of June.

the Con Office tells you 10 working days but is mostly worst case i feel
Old Jul 1st 2016, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

I thought that might be the case but glad someone recently had theirs done before the 10 days!

Thanks again all
Old Jul 16th 2016, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again all,

Since my Interview is on Thursday, I just wanted to check I have everything. I have:

UK Passport valid until 2020
US sized Photo's
Birth Certificate & Photocopy
ACRO Certificate & Photocopy
DS-160 Confirmation & Photocopy
I-134 Affidavit & Photocopy
I-797 (copies x2)
I-129F & Photocopy (with confirmation page from Embassy)
Knightsbridge medical receipts and vaccination list from GP
Fiancé pay proof & photocopy
Fiancé proof of address & photocopy
Fiancé photocopies of Birth certificate x2
Fiancé photocopies of Passport x2
Courier receipt, delivery confirmation & Instruction page (x2)

I haven't received a letter from the Embassy.. I have emailed them but no response and considering it is Thursday, is it a necessity to have it?
Old Jul 18th 2016, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Just in case anyone has booked a Visa Interview with the Embassy in London, I have the following email today:

"Please note that you will not receive an appointment confirmation letter from the Embassy. Your name will be on the access list for the date in question. You are required, however, to print the appointment confirmation and bring it to your visa interview. "

So no need to worry if you don't receive a letter of appointment

Now the final document checks this week before going on Thursday!
Old Jul 18th 2016, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you Thursday!
Old Jul 18th 2016, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenK91
Fingers crossed for you Thursday!
Thanks Ben! I appreciate it! I'll detail a post on Thursday about it all. Hopefully all goes well!