Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

After aproval how long for you get your GC

After aproval how long for you get your GC

Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

CAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant future
Default After aproval how long for you get your GC

Hi,

Can someone tell me how long it takes after receiving the aproval letter, how long it takes you will receive your GC? The letter states next few months....does it really takes that long?
Thank you for reading!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After aproval how long for you get your GC

Originally Posted by CAsunlover
Hi,

Can someone tell me how long it takes after receiving the aproval letter, how long it takes you will receive your GC? The letter states next few months....does it really takes that long?
Thank you for reading!
My husband got his green card in the mail 6 days after his AOS interview. The approval letter came somewhere in between that. LOL

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 30th 2005, 4:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My husband got his green card in the mail 6 days after his AOS interview. The approval letter came somewhere in between that. LOL

Best Wishes,
Rene
Me too.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:25 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you for reading!
From AOS interview, approved with I-551 stamp in passport, it took me 18 days to get my Green Card. Welcome to America letters (two of them) arrive the day after the card itself.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 1:35 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Details in my sig. No GC in the mail yet.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:51 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thank you for reading!
Hi:

It might, it might not. You need two pieces of information to compute the time -- the date of the approval notice and the date you receive the green card. It is a fairly easy computation. However, before you have BOTH pieces of information, the computation would be premature.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:19 pm
Brenda Ballard

It took us 6 days to get the welcome letter and the green card

Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:52 pm
Brenda Ballard

hi
at the interview, the man told my husband to expect his green card in 2
weeks,,but it took
6 days,,,,,we also received the welcome letter
in 6 days also

bb

Old Aug 8th 2005, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

CAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brenda Ballard
hi
at the interview, the man told my husband to expect his green card in 2
weeks,,but it took
6 days,,,,,we also received the welcome letter
in 6 days also

bb
Well I got two welcome letters, but not a card yet.....

So RTI, who said it would be in the mailbox on this last wednesday (post got deleted I assume), it was not here ;-), I think somewhere this week....I can not tell how good it feels to know that I have some kind of a life back after being many years a non person....
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:26 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Well I got two welcome letters, but not a card yet.....

So RTI, who said it would be in the mailbox on this last wednesday (post got deleted I assume), it was not here ;-), I think somewhere this week....I can not tell how good it feels to know that I have some kind of a life back after being many years a non person....
Don't forget: RTI's posts are worth significantly less than you paid for them...
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

It took about 6 weeks for my wife's GC to come in the mail. We had no complaints since it was only 4 months from filing AOS to interview and she had the stamp in her passport.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by utopiacowboy
It took about 6 weeks for my wife's GC to come in the mail. We had no complaints since it was only 4 months from filing AOS to interview and she had the stamp in her passport.
Same here, filed the papers around march, got the interviewdate in july and approved..not on the spot but just 3 days later by mail!!!
No complaints here also, but I just want that silly greencard so its all over..
Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

sap123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here, filed the papers around march, got the interviewdate in july and approved..not on the spot but just 3 days later by mail!!!
No complaints here also, but I just want that silly greencard so its all over..

Hi,

What do they usually tell, when don't approve right away at the interview?

Do they give any paper or soemthing?
I have my interview in 3 weeks.

Thank you.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sap123
Hi,

What do they usually tell, when don't approve right away at the interview?

Do they give any paper or soemthing?
I have my interview in 3 weeks.

Thank you.
Hi sap,

If you are not approved because of pending background checks, they just tell you verbally, and then you receive the approval letter in the mail when your case gets approved.

If it's for some other reason such as missing paperwork or futher paperwork necessary, I believe they do give you that notice in writing at the time of the interview, with a deadline date for returning the items.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:03 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Three months post approval for me and no GC yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.