affividavit of support

Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:05 am
Just Joined

iam_adnan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default affividavit of support

Hello,
iam working on my OPT.. which is expiring on 30th of august 2005, my employer have also filed my H1 for 2006 quota, i can start working with the company starting from october 1st..iam also working with this company on my opt..
i got married two weeks ago, and i am filing for my case.. i have a question..
my wife does not work..so who is gonna fill up the I 864 .. do i need this form... or any uncle of my wife can fill it up for me..

plz guide me and give me all the necessary directions..

thanks
Regards
Adnan
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: affividavit of support

Originally Posted by iam_adnan
Hello,
iam working on my OPT.. which is expiring on 30th of august 2005, my employer have also filed my H1 for 2006 quota, i can start working with the company starting from october 1st..iam also working with this company on my opt..
my wife does not work..so who is gonna fill up the I 864 .. do i need this form... or any uncle of my wife can fill it up for me..

thanks
Regards
Adnan
Wife is the USC?

She files, her Uncle is the co sponsor, if you have lived together for 6 months you can be included.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:23 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

thanks
Regards
Adnan
Your wife must be a sponsor, but anybody else can be a joint sponsor for financial purposes:

http://www.ailc.com/howdoi/affsupp.htm#whois
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Wife is the USC?

She files, her Uncle is the co sponsor, if you have lived together for 6 months you can be included.
hello there,
can u plz guide me about what forms do i need to file right now for filing of my case,,, is there any other special form i need for co sponsor..

thanks
regards
Adnan
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Your wife must be a sponsor, but anybody else can be a joint sponsor for financial purposes:

hello there,
can u plz guide me about what forms do i need to file right now for filing of my case,,, is there any other special form i need for co sponsor..

thanks
regards
Adnan
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

hello there,

thanks
regards
Adnan
Hi Adnan,

Go to www.uscis.gov, and read the part called "how do I become a permanent resident?" That should tell you. Also, at the top of this forum, is a link to more information for you that you should also read.

As for the joint sponsor, if he/she is not a current member of the household, he/she would simply fill in his/her own I-864 with supporting documents.

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Default filing of case

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Adnan,

Go to www.uscis.gov, and read the part called "how do I become a permanent resident?" That should tell you. Also, at the top of this forum, is a link to more information for you that you should also read.

As for the joint sponsor, if he/she is not a current member of the household, he/she would simply fill in his/her own I-864 with supporting documents.

Rene
Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply.. i have another question.. as i told u my OPT is goin to expire this 30th august 2005... my employer have filed my H1 case for 2006 quota.. so that i can work starting from oct 2005..

iam filing my case in september.. what would be my current status at the time.. since my opt would no longer be valid in september.. and my H1 would kicks in octber 2005..

in form I 485 .. what would be my current status ?.. if i file my case in september..

Thanks

Adnan
Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nettlebed

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply.. i have another question.. as i told u my OPT is goin to expire this 30th august 2005... my employer have filed my H1 case for 2006 quota.. so that i can work starting from oct 2005..

iam filing my case in september.. what would be my current status at the time.. since my opt would no longer be valid in september.. and my H1 will kicks in octber 2005..

in form I 485 .. what would be my current status ?.. if i file my case in september..

Thanks

Adnan
Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

hello there,

thanks
regards
Adnan
Hello,

iam filing my case in september.. what would be my current status at the time.. since my opt would no longer be valid in september.. and my H1 will kicks in octber 2005..

Thanks

Adnan