Reload this Page >

affidivat of support question overseas

affidivat of support question overseas

Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

d123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default affidivat of support question overseas

hello
i am the sponsor for my wife to get her green card.
can i stay with her overseas and work overseas, (ill do tax returns,etc.,) before her time is up, then come back to usa.

but this affidivat thing says that i must reside in the usa, and if im temporarily overseas, then have to give a reason why (it says on overseas affidivat form that if i was working for us company, a religious worker,etc.,)

can i still just work overseas and do us tax returns; will this be sufficient & I'll show my us taxreturns for wife's visa interview?

thanks!
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: affidivat of support question overseas

Originally Posted by d123
hello
can i stay with her overseas and work overseas, (ill do tax returns,etc.,) before her time is up, then come back to usa.

but this affidivat thing says that i must reside in the usa, and if im temporarily overseas, then have to give a reason why (it says on overseas affidivat form that if i was working for us company, a religious worker,etc.,)

can i still just work overseas and do us tax returns; will this be sufficient & I'll show my us taxreturns for wife's visa interview?

thanks!
Yes, you can. You might have to do DCF, I guess through a US Consulate wherever you are.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:23 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: affidivat of support question overseas

hello

thanks!

Hey there

Just a few questions:

What route are you guys taking K3 or DCF?
You can stay with your wife until it is time for her to come back, many people have done it. Where is your wife from?
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

hi, thanks for your reply.

sorry, i dont know what is k3/dcf.
im a green card holder and petitioned for my wife to come as 'spouse of greencard holder'.

so, many people has done this then? but when they did the affidivat support forms, was it okay for the usembassy that they working overseas? even if the job is not one of the categories mentioned on the form (e.g. religious worker, us govt, etc.,) as im not any of those categories. i just plan to get a job.

thanks.
----------------------------------

Just a few questions:

What route are you guys taking K3 or DCF?
You can stay with your wife until it is time for her to come back, many people have done it. Where is your wife from?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by d123; Aug 24th 2004 at 8:40 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:43 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

hello
I don't know about your other questions, but US citizens are taxed based on their citizenship, not their residency. So you would be required to file US tax returns regardless of where in the world you live. Many US expats who earn less than $80k/yr in foreign-earned income just file Form 2555 along with their 1040 (or Form 2555EZ along with 1040EZ).

~ Jenney
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

hi, thanks.

im not a us citizen, im a green card holder.

will i still be able to stay with her overseas and do the affidivat ?
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

hi, thanks.

im not a us citizen, im a green card holder.

will i still be able to stay with her overseas and do the affidivat ?
If you are a LPR, you cannot get her in the country immediately. Although, you can at some stage, am not sure, you have to wait till her visa # becomes current. I am not sure on this though.