Affidavits for I-751

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

lanky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavits for I-751

Hi everyone,
I am currently getting together everything i need to remove the conditional status from my Green card. The specifications ask for at least two affidavits from people confirming that your marriage is legit. Does anyone know the correct form these affidavits should take? I have asked people to write letters but will this do?
Any help would be much appreciated
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

vivek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Affidavits for I-751

You can ask your friends to write a letter to confirm that your marriage is in good faith and get it notarized or letter from minister of your church will fine too. Their contact information must be there like phone numbers, email id’s so USCIS can reach them by any means if they want to. Good luck.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lanky1980
Hi everyone,
I am currently getting together everything i need to remove the conditional status from my Green card. The specifications ask for at least two affidavits from people confirming that your marriage is legit. Does anyone know the correct form these affidavits should take? I have asked people to write letters but will this do?
Here is an example of a notarized letter I submitted for my I-751. I was approved without interview.

02 April 2003

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter to support the I-751 petition by Barney and Betty Rubble. I have personally known Betty since August of 1995 and Barney since January of 1997, when both of them started employment at Smith Hospital, respectively. Barney is my student and is working towards his medical degree under my advisement. I served on Betty’s graduate committee. I have known both of them as a couple since March of 1997. On 10 August 2000 I attended their wedding in Las Vegas, NV.

Since their marriage, I have seen Barney and Betty together as a couple hundreds of times and in a variety of situations – at my house, at the hospital where Barney and I work, and at social events. They are a legitimately married couple and live together at 123 John Smith Lane in Bedrock, California.

The most recent time that I saw them as a couple was yesterday when Betty was picking Barney up from his office here at the hospital.

If you have any questions, I may be reached at the phone number or the
address above.

Sincerely,

Frank L. Rock, Chief Surgeon
SSN: 123-47-8901
Date of birth: 19 April 1931
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:06 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanky1980
Hi everyone,
The form does not actually 'ask for' the affidavits, but does list them as something which can be included.
The immigration lawyer who posts at the marriage-based visa group has said multiple times that they are the weakest form of evidence and should be included only if you have nothing else to submit.

We did not include them with our recent I-751.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meauxna
The form does not actually 'ask for' the affidavits, but does list them as something which can be included.
The immigration lawyer who posts at the marriage-based visa group has said multiple times that they are the weakest form of evidence and should be included only if you have nothing else to submit.

We did not include them with our recent I-751.
I've heard Mr. F. make the argument many times.

Two thoughts:

(1) Mr. F. has not dealt with all of the I-751 adjudicators in the USCIS system.

(2) It took me a whopping 5 mins to type up two letters, give them to the two associates, and they had them notarized at my place of employment.

Here are the items I included for my successful I-751.

We included the following in our packet:

Check for $145.00
Form I-751
Copy of Permanent Resident Card
Affidavit - friend #1 (and notarized)
Affidavit - friend #2 (and notarized)
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Copy of joint credit cards (same acct numbers and address)
Copy of joint bank account (same address, shared bills)
Copy of IRAs showing respective spouse as beneficiary
Copy of jointly filed income taxes - 2002
Copy of jointly filed income taxes - 2001
Photo of us on vacation 8/9/02 in Arizona
Photo of us on vacation 8/13/02 in Arizona
Wedding invitation from a relative addressed to us showing we have the same joint address
Copy of flight itinerary to said wedding (listed above) for both of us (showing same billing address, same flights)