Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affidavits of Birth Certificate

Affidavits of Birth Certificate

Old Jul 13th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavits of Birth Certificate

I just called my sister at my country to check how's is it going with the affidavits of my BC. I misplace my original BC and have the copy but wanted to play safe and write an affidavits for my mum and other relative to sign for me. But the Commissioner of Oat of that place told my sister she need me to come back since don't ever hope to stay in US...hmmmm...what is this with this guy? He said everyone that trying to get his signature coming here is come back. Thats the most stupid things I ever heard. I told my sister to go to somewhere else and I know 100 of other ppl eligible to sign it. Geshhhh....what a guy! He must think that I stay like 1 hour drive to come back? It take me 28 hours travel! I'm not going to waste my time with this kind of ppl, so negative attitude!

Sorry, I'm feeling better now .
Old Jul 13th 2003, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Affidavits of Birth Certificate

Originally posted by rzack
I just called my sister at my country to check how's is it going with the affidavits of my BC. I misplace my original BC and have the copy but wanted to play safe and write an affidavits for my mum and other relative to sign for me. But the Commissioner of Oat of that place told my sister she need me to come back since don't ever hope to stay in US...hmmmm...what is this with this guy? He said everyone that trying to get his signature coming here is come back. Thats the most stupid things I ever heard. I told my sister to go to somewhere else and I know 100 of other ppl eligible to sign it. Geshhhh....what a guy! He must think that I stay like 1 hour drive to come back? It take me 28 hours travel! I'm not going to waste my time with this kind of ppl, so negative attitude!

Sorry, I'm feeling better now .
what about ordering a duplicate birth certificate from your town of birth? it might be available by mail. depends on the country though. this should be better then getting a affidavit ...
Old Jul 13th 2003, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks

I'm doing that too...I'm just thinking the worst...trying do everthing in case they ask at the interview. By the way, when I get my duplicate copy from my birth state, I can forget about this affidavits. My interview quite long to go, so I still have lots of time .
Old Jul 14th 2003, 10:19 am
sph
Forum Regular

sph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rzack
Thanks

I'm doing that too...I'm just thinking the worst...trying do everthing in case they ask at the interview. By the way, when I get my duplicate copy from my birth state, I can forget about this affidavits. My interview quite long to go, so I still have lots of time .

I don't know which consulate you're dealing with, but we had a similar situation, my husband was born in Ukraine, and at the time his parents came to Israel all birth certificates were confiscated by ukrainians (this was in 1970's). Anyway, they had a copy of a notarized copy of the BC. well, the consulate was totally unwilling to except this, and we suggested having his parents come in to swear this is true, but they would'nt except that either. This is despite the fact that the Ukranian embassy says it will take 6months to a year (!) to get a certified copy of the original. I tried talking to the interviewing consular officer, to no avail. They just wouldn't hear of it, kept saying "we do need that document...". So, hopefully your experience will be better, but if you have time to wait anyway, I suggest getting a certified copy from your birth town.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks sph,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I know not all commissioner of oath in my country are like that, only certain that fussy. Furthermore, my mum who gonna go and certified that is ME...her daughter. Today, my brother will go to other places and see how its going.

My copy of BC was certified and I just worry that they still want the affidavits, I even have other prove like school leaving certificates and so on, but different interviewer, have different views. I know some of ppl who went for the interview had a breeze interview without the interviewer concerning or asking their BC, but I just want to play safe.

For the time being, I'm dealing with my town of birth, they said they can ready the replacement by one month, I think thats an ample time for me.

I know there are ways, I just need to find it .

Take care.