Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affidavit of Support Question Where USC is Significantly Older than Foreign Spouse

Affidavit of Support Question Where USC is Significantly Older than Foreign Spouse

Old May 6th 2006, 11:28 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Affidavit of Support Question Where USC is Significantly Older than Foreign Spouse

Hi,
A friend of mine, late 40s, completing a degree end of the year, lost heaps financially in a divorce settlement some years ago, and has spent the last few years trying to rebuild his life.

He has met an older woman (early 70s, looks younger) who is a US citizen, on the internet. She is planning a holiday soon so they can meet face to face and spend some time together to see if they are compatible.

She works part time still but also receives income from social security. Possibly some kind of old age pension or something.

My question is will her age and the fact she gets some social security income prove a problem when it comes to the affidavit of support I-864 or whatever it is?

Any info or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated
Old May 6th 2006, 1:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support Question Where USC is Significantly Older than Foreign Spouse

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Hi,
A friend of mine, late 40s, completing a degree end of the year, lost heaps financially in a divorce settlement some years ago, and has spent the last few years trying to rebuild his life.

He has met an older woman (early 70s, looks younger) who is a US citizen, on the internet. She is planning a holiday soon so they can meet face to face and spend some time together to see if they are compatible.

She works part time still but also receives income from social security. Possibly some kind of old age pension or something.

My question is will her age and the fact she gets some social security income prove a problem when it comes to the affidavit of support I-864 or whatever it is?

Any info or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated
Hi,

I know a male USC in his 80's, who used SS and Retirement income on both Affidavits of Support (the I-134 and the I-864) and was approved both times. In my opinion, it shouldn't be an issue.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 6th 2006, 2:20 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support Question Where USC is Significantly Older than Foreign Spouse

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi,

I know a male USC in his 80's, who used SS and Retirement income on both Affidavits of Support (the I-134 and the I-864) and was approved both times. In my opinion, it shouldn't be an issue.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Cheers, thanks very much Rene