Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

affidavit of support question

affidavit of support question

Old May 29th 2002, 12:20 am
Xxmoonxxchildxx

Default affidavit of support question

I am planning on bring my financee too the states next march.. At this time I am just
below the 125% of the poverty line as well as my prior last tax returns.. If I get a
new job or a second job how do they look upon that do I have too be working there a
certain amount of time for them too approve me? Should I wait too file I-129f a
couple months after I start a new job or should I just start the filing procedures as
soon as possible? Any advice would help alot thanks

Troy

Old May 29th 2002, 1:20 am
Mhaley12345

Default Re: affidavit of support question

You'll need the I-134 at the time of your fiancee's interview...so you will have some
time before it gets to that stage to be working and meeting the income requirement.
They usually take the current job into account more so then the past. I know I only
made the required amount for several months before the interview. And not even close
the years before that as I was a student. We had no problems; we went through London.
Of course the letter you would include from the employer has to show date hired, that
it is a permanent position and the salary. You could always have a co-sponsor as back
up just in case. It can be a friend or relative.

Old May 29th 2002, 9:20 am
Lottie Stannard

Default Re: affidavit of support question

Hiya

I couuldnt help but notice you said you went through London. Would you mind sharing
your story with me? I am a USC and my husband is UKC and we are planning to go back
to the states. My main concern is the Affidavit of Support and I'm worried about if I
can get a job secured before the move, etc...Ive gotten some great advice but not
really heard any stories from people who went through it in London

Thanks Lottie "MHALEY12345" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > You'll need the I-134 at the time of your fiancee's interview...so you
will
    > have some time before it gets to that stage to be working and meeting the income
    > requirement. They usually take the current job into account more
so
    > then the past. I know I only made the required amount for several months before the
    > interview. And not even close the years before that as I was a student. We had no
    > problems; we went through London. Of course the letter
you
    > would include from the employer has to show date hired, that it is a
permanent
    > position and the salary. You could always have a co-sponsor as back up
just in
    > case. It can be a friend or relative.