here in the uk? We dont know if its just him or me also though as far
as we are concerned he brings in way above what they would ask but
need to make sure.

When I arrive in the states, I will be working for his company do we
put that in anywhere?

thanks for the help all

Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit Of Support Question

Originally Posted by His princess
We know he has to provide 3 years of tax returns but can you tell us in a figure what is the amount he has to have coming in.
He needs to be able to prove income at 125% of the current poverty level - the 2004 level for 2 people is $12490 (lower 48), so 125% of that is roughly $15613. If he earns more than that (pre-tax) you'll be fine.

He owns his own home so we take it the figure would be for himself and me?
Assets such as his home will only come into play if he makes less than $15613.

Also can you tell us if they go looking into my fianancial records
here in the uk?
Your finances are irrelevant.

put that in anywhere?
You don't need to mention that. Note though, that you will require a SS# prior to working - even for your fiance/husband.

Ian
Old Sep 25th 2004, 5:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We are confused about this so thought we would ask the forum to point us in the right direction.
HP:
Have you read the I-864 and its instructions? It answers many of your questions.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 6:54 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Both Ian and Mexie answered your principal questions. However, I would like to interject the following in regards to his sons. If the sons are included as dependents on your fiancee's tax returns then they are to be counted on the I-864. If, however, those three sons live separately from their father and maintain their own households they are not to be included. Who they work for are irrelevant.

As for assets, if your fiancee's income is say $2,500 shy of the financial requirements for the I-864 then he can use his assets to make up that $2,500. However, the $2,500 must be times 5 in order to qualify for use. Therefore, the assets must have a liquidable value of $12,500. If he is using his home, he needs to include an appraisal of its value and a copy of his mortgage showing that he has equity in the home of that amount or more.

Rete

We are confused about this so thought we would ask the forum to point
us in the right direction.

My fiance owns his own company in the us so obviously works for
himself. We know he has to provide 3 years of tax returns but can you
tell us in a figure what is the amount he has to have coming in. I
have looked at some sites which give a base then multiply it by this
and that but got really confused with it. He owns his own home so we
take it the figure would be for himself and me? He has 3 sons which
work for him but we would say they are not dependants (they are all
grown up).

Also can you tell us if they go looking into my fianancial records
here in the uk? We dont know if its just him or me also though as far
as we are concerned he brings in way above what they would ask but
need to make sure.

put that in anywhere?

thanks for the help all
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Note though, that you will require a SS# prior to working - even for your fiance/husband.
And an EAD if entering as a K1. If you do DCF and enter with an Immigrant Visa, you will not need EAD.

HP: what's the confusion about the house equity? If he doesn't mind documenting it, he would use it as an asset. If will have a 1:5 cash value.
ie: $100,000 in equity = $20,000 equivilant "annual income". A formal appraisal is not typically required.