Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Which Affidavit of Support form?

Which Affidavit of Support form?

Old Jul 4th 2023, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

DerekB1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which Affidavit of Support form?

Hi,

While the I-130 is still being assessed I thought I'd make a start on getting the Affidavit of Support documentation and evidence ready, however I'm not sure which one we need to complete, due to my wife currently living in the UK with me and not working she doesn't meet the minimum income requirement (however prior to moving here she did), so we're using a mix of savings and assets to meet the $73,950 requirement so I'm not sure whether we need to complete I-864 (I suspect this is the correct form as it has a section for "Assets of the principal sponsored immigrant", but looking at the form chart below it could also be form I-864A

Thanks

Derek

Old Jul 4th 2023, 9:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Affidavit of Support form?

I-864.

Rene
Old Jul 4th 2023, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

DerekB1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I was leaning towards that form (and have it completed ready to upload lol), I just wanted to double check.
Old Jul 4th 2023, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

I-864EZ is just a simpler version of I-864 for people in certain conditions. I-864 is the general form. Anyone who qualifies to use I-864EZ can always use I-864 instead.