Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affidavit of support,EAD,AOS,SSN

Affidavit of support,EAD,AOS,SSN

Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Affidavit of support,EAD,AOS,SSN

Hi everybody,
I need your help, My wife USC when we filed for my AOS and EAD we had to also file the Affidavit of support, I already received NOA for my Biometrics and fingerprints for AOS and EAD My appointment is on August 9th in Jacksonville FL office, (not AOS interview) the thing is my wife is getting better paid new job and will leave her old one. Do we have to file new affidavit of Support when they will call us for the AOS interview? Please help . Thank you. And also how long it takes to get EAD after biometrics and fingerprints are done, and how long should i wait to apply for SSN after receiving EAD? and how long is it take to get the SSN in the mail, Can I also go back to the SS office maybe 2 days later and will they tell me the number? Thank you guys
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of support,EAD,AOS,SSN

Originally Posted by milan79
Do we have to file new affidavit of Support when they will call us for the AOS interview?
Yes, take it with you to the interview.

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes, take it with you to the interview.

Ian
thank you Ian
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Hi everybody,
I need your help, My wife USC when we filed for my AOS and EAD we had to also file the Affidavit of support, I already received NOA for my Biometrics and fingerprints for AOS and EAD My appointment is on August 9th in Jacksonville FL office, (not AOS interview) the thing is my wife is getting better paid new job and will leave her old one. Do we have to file new affidavit of Support when they will call us for the AOS interview? Please help . Thank you. And also how long it takes to get EAD after biometrics and fingerprints are done, and how long should i wait to apply for SSN after receiving EAD? and how long is it take to get the SSN in the mail, Can I also go back to the SS office maybe 2 days later and will they tell me the number? Thank you guys
Hi milan,

Yes, bring an updated I-864 to your AOS interview, along with all her new employment info (pay stubs, letter of employment).

My husband got his EAD card in the mail about 3.5 weeks after his biometrics appointment.

If you are in the SAVE system at the SS office, once you apply it takes about 2 weeks to get the SS card in the mail. You can go back in person to get your SS number, yes...but not sure if 2 days is enough time.

Best Wishes,
Rene