Wikiposts

Affidavit of support

Old Dec 2nd 2018, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Affidavit of support

Hi, having trouble with the upload , my wife (USC) says she's having difficulty uploading the 10 page document, she says file is too large, she thinks she needs to change the file size but has no idea how too. She's using and iPad to upload.
Anybody else ever had same issues ??? What or how did you do this.....thank you...
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of support

Apart from my above question, does anyone have experience on the time line to case complete.. if the A.O Support, the DS260 and supporting documents are submitted on or before the 20th of December what time frame are we looking at from people's past experiences, online I've read anything from 30-60 days is this correct, thankyou..
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tkd67
Apart from my above question, does anyone have experience on the time line to case complete.. if the A.O Support, the DS260 and supporting documents are submitted on or before the 20th of December what time frame are we looking at from people's past experiences, online I've read anything from 30-60 days is this correct, thankyou..
I'm afraid I can't help with your upload questions. But as far as timelines go... for me (and this all occurred last year), it was two months minus one day between the DS-260 being submitted and the case being complete. My interview was scheduled for six weeks after 'case complete', and I flew out to the US 10 days after the interview. This all occurred between July and November, though, so we weren't slowed down by any holidays - you may find things take a little longer due to the holiday season. Good luck! Hopefully somebody might be by soon to brainstorm some ideas re. your technical issues.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 10:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Forget timelines. You're dealing with the holiday season. December 24, 25th and December 31, and January 1 will all screw up the timeline.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 4:48 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tkd67
Hi, having trouble with the upload , my wife (USC) says she's having difficulty uploading the 10 page document, she says file is too large, she thinks she needs to change the file size but has no idea how too. She's using and iPad to upload.
Anybody else ever had same issues ??? What or how did you do this.....thank you...
Try using an old fashioned (windows) computer.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 11:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Forget timelines. You're dealing with the holiday season. December 24, 25th and December 31, and January 1 will all screw up the timeline.
I agree with this. It slows down considerably during the holiday season. Officers, like us all, tend to conjoin days to have long weekends so things will stop a little until the first couple of weeks in Jan.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for your replies..

The Aos was finally completed last night in 2 parts, uploaded and instructions sent with each upload due to file size and because it was sent in 2 parts, all completed on the online portal , now I just need to upload the documents , marriage , birth etc... and hope it all goes through, I'll be doing this by Thursday and completing that too. Hopefully nothing comes back.

Was going to complete all this at the end of December , thinking I'd get confirmation in January, but I realize now it's best to complete asap due to the holidays and hopefully get something by late feb, early march... Fingers crossed.....regards.