Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affidavit of support: 1-864 vs. I-134

Affidavit of support: 1-864 vs. I-134

Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:21 pm
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough
Default Affidavit of support: 1-864 vs. I-134

I'm beginning to prepare the materials for my affidavit of support for Mark's eventual interview. When doing research into the steps I need to follow on the USCIS site they always refer to the I-864. However when I check the US Embassy London site they make reference to I-134. I've also noticed from past posts that people have received I-134 in their Packet 3. Which is appropriate in our case? The consulate we are dealing with is London and we are applying for a K3 visa.

Would anyone be willing to enlighten me please? Confused!

Thanks much!
Jackie
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:25 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of support: 1-864 vs. I-134

Jackie,

Do a Google search of the newsgroup for this topic. You will be blinded.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
I'm beginning to prepare the materials for my affidavit of support for Mark's eventual interview. When doing research into the steps I need to follow on the USCIS site they always refer to the I-864. However when I check the US Embassy London site they make reference to I-134. I've also noticed from past posts that people have received I-134 in their Packet 3. Which is appropriate in our case? The consulate we are dealing with is London and we are applying for a K3 visa.

Would anyone be willing to enlighten me please? Confused!

Thanks much!
Jackie
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:36 pm

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

*blush*

Yep, I started doing a search after I posted my thread and blinded I was!

Brief synopsis:
K3 non-immigrant visa requires I-134
AOS is when I'd provide the I-864

Am I on the right track?

Thanks Jeff!
Jackie

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Jackie,

Do a Google search of the newsgroup for this topic. You will be blinded.

Regards, JEff
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:39 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
*blush*

Yep, I started doing a search after I posted my thread and blinded I was!

Brief synopsis:
K3 non-immigrant visa requires I-134
AOS is when I'd provide the I-864

Am I on the right track?

Thanks Jeff!
Jackie
Yes, you're right.......and Jackie, please capitalize JEff's letter "E". It helps distinguish him from the other Jeffs out there. (Sorry JEff, I couldn't resist it.........)

Use the I134.

~SecretGarden
P.S. Have you checked your private messages lately?
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

SG,

[EDIT: SG told me to :-) ]

Regards, JEff

btw, I'm thinking of changing it to EJff - getting tired now of having to make that correction. One of my fingers must be slowing down more than the others...

Originally posted by SecretGarden

~SecretGarden
P.S. Have you checked your private messages lately?

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jan 8th 2004 at 9:50 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:57 pm

Ha!! I'm glad this came up ... I must have missed this discussion in the past. I always wondered about that cap E in JEff. I have a friend who types quickly and by mistake always spells her name REnee ... but that's cuz R and E are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Okay JEff, you are JEff from now on in my book ... unless you *want* to be EJff!

And SG, nope I haven't checked for PMs ... I never get em so I don't remember to look. Here I go now ...

SG,

Nothing new since Christmas, to which I replied. I think....

Regards, JEff

btw, I'm thinking of changing it to EJff - getting tired now of having to make that correction. One of my fingers must be slowing down more than the others...
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:12 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

SG,

Nothing new since Christmas, to which I replied. I think....

Regards, JEff

JEff,
Actually I was inquiring whether Jackie had checked her messages or not, but then again, my referent was not clear in my original post........

And you know, I think we would all give you NG permission to just sign your posts as "Jeff" if you would consider it. I think you are distinctive on your own, without having to use the capital E as an identifier.

~SG
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:33 pm

SG,

Yeah, that eventually dawned on me - after it had become too late to go back and delete my post!

Regards, JEff

JEff,
Actually I was inquiring whether Jackie had checked her messages or not, but then again, my referent was not clear in my original post........

~SG
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:39 pm
The Missus

SG,

Yeah, that eventually dawned on me - after it had become too late to go back and delete my post!

Regards, JEff
It's never too late. Just ask SeaDave or Elviswasmydad.

~SG
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:49 pm

SG,

Once BE sends the post to Usenet, it's too late.

Maybe this particular thread isn't going to Usenet - I'm not sure....

Regards, JEff

It's never too late. Just ask SeaDave or Elviswasmydad.

~SG
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:58 pm
The Missus

SG,

Once BE sends the post to Usenet, it's too late.

Maybe this particular thread isn't going to Usenet - I'm not sure....

Regards, JEff
Looks like Jackie has it as marked not to go to usenet. You can tell that from looking at the options list when you reply. Maybe we had better cut the idle chit chat on this one, it's likely to get moved to "site feedback" or something.

~SG