Advance Parole

Old Mar 10th 2003, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Muki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advance Parole

Hi All

I was out of status for 13mths and am now waiting on an AOS interview in LA. From reading this NG and from my lawyer, the advice has been don't try for advance parole as even if it is granted ( in error) there could be problems with reentering the US.
My congresswomans office has been trying to expedite my interview as I need to travel on an urgent family matter. They got back to me this morning saying that their INS contact is trying to process AP for me today. I pointed out that this caused me some concern due to the info I had but they said exceptions could be made and to contact their office if I used AP and had problems reentering.
I very much want to be with my sister/mother at this time but surely the rules are the rules - if I leave without AOS the I will be banned for ten years.
Anyone know if an exception can be made on the AP conditions?

Thanks