Adjustment of Status in the US

Wikiposts

Adjustment of Status in the US

Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

dudela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adjustment of Status in the US

Could anyone please help with this one:

While I am in the US, say, on a B-2, and I then apply for a Third-preference family immigration visa, can I remain in-country until my immigrant visa number becomes "current", or do I have to leave at the end of my B-2 validity?

Are there any forms of parole, or something similar, one can apply for while waiting in the US for a decision about a third preference application?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjustment of Status in the US

Originally Posted by dudela

While I am in the US, say, on a B-2, and I then apply for a Third-preference family immigration visa, can I remain in-country until my immigrant visa number becomes "current", or do I have to leave at the end of my B-2 validity?

Are there any forms of parole, or something similar, one can apply for while waiting in the US for a decision about a third preference application?
You want to wait 8 years plus .....
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You want to wait 8 years plus .....
But cannot wait in the US, have to go home at the end of the 6 months or whatever allowed on the visitor's visa, right Ray?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:14 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
But cannot wait in the US, have to go home at the end of the 6 months or whatever allowed on the visitor's visa, right Ray?
Yup ..go back home and start saving for your Medical Insurance
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

brueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Adjustment of Status in the US

Originally Posted by Ray
Yup ..go back home and start saving for your Medical Insurance
Ray's right, you will have to go back to your home country when your B2 expires.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

dayuke is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink why should usa

why should usa change anything? their programming is raking in the ratings. if you don't like it don't watch, the rest of america obviously likes or the ratings wouldn't be so high
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:19 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why should usa

Originally Posted by dayuke
why should usa change anything? their programming is raking in the ratings. if you don't like it don't watch, the rest of america obviously likes or the ratings wouldn't be so high
And we base this on facts?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dudela

Hi:

How should we know? You don't give any facts with which to answer your question. As posed and assuming nothing else, then, NO, you have to leave.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 2:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brueyh1976
Ray's right, you will have to go back to your home country when your B2 expires.
it's at the end of the I-94, not the visa, as the visa could well be a multi use 10 year visa, but it's the date on the I-94 that's relevant to length of stay in the US allowed.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 2:09 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by dayuke
What are you talking about ....

Oh you are going to spam us ...
Old Jul 11th 2008, 2:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
What are you talking about ....

Oh you are going to spam us ...
the tele channel...

well I got a tiny smirk out of it at least...
Old Jul 12th 2008, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

brueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud ofbrueyh1976 has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Adjustment of Status in the US

Originally Posted by Bob
it's at the end of the I-94, not the visa, as the visa could well be a multi use 10 year visa, but it's the date on the I-94 that's relevant to length of stay in the US allowed.
Thanks for that Bob, I forgot that bit