Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Adjustment of Status interview - help wanted!

Wikiposts

Adjustment of Status interview - help wanted!

Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Snavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really nice
Default Adjustment of Status interview - help wanted!

My UK citizen wife (K1 visa) and I are going for her AOS interview on Thursday 3/21/13.
I would really love some advice/direction on a few things!

First off, I have read other’s posts that mention the interviewer asking for originals of documents submitted. I submitted originals with the I-485 application, all I have left are copies aside from things such as Birth certificates, Marriage certificate, and her passport/visa/I-94. Am I missing something?

Speaking of missing something, we plan to bring copies of everything we initially submitted, her original birth certificate, my original birth certificate, her passport/visa/I-94, her EAD/advance parole card, copies of my tax documents, copies and originals of all 797’s received, photos of us together and other evidence. Am I missing anything?

Any other advice?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjustment of Status interview - help wanted!

Originally Posted by Snavemada5
Am I missing something?
Yes - you should not have sent original documents of any evidence. You should have sent only copies and brought the originals to the interview. If you have copies with you and you want the originals back, you should ask the officer to exchange them for your copies. He might or might not.

Ian
Old Mar 18th 2013, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Snavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really niceSnavemada5 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes - you should not have sent original documents of any evidence. You should have sent only copies and brought the originals to the interview. If you have copies with you and you want the originals back, you should ask the officer to exchange them for your copies. He might or might not.

Ian
Thank you Ian, this makes a bit more sense now. I believe the only "evidence" I sent originals of were marriage certifficate (I had a stack of certified copies, so not a big deal), the medical/vaccination supplement, and photos. It sounds like if I bring originals of everything I have originals for, as well as additional copies, I should be good.

As for what I said I am bringing, does it sound like I have everything covered?
On the checklist there is "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent resident status" what does this refer to, that is not already on the list?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snavemada5
As for what I said I am bringing, does it sound like I have everything covered?
Yes.

On the checklist there is "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent resident status" what does this refer to, that is not already on the list?
You eligibility is based on your marriage to a USC, so your marriage certificate and her birth certificate is all you need for that. The rest of the stuff you have establishes the commingling of finances. It sounds like you have everything you need.

Ian