Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Adjustment Of Status: Injections

Wikiposts

Adjustment Of Status: Injections

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:22 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjustment Of Status: Injections

ohhh. I read "Oh good, that would have been a pain" as "Oh god, that would have been a pain".

I am sure it'll all work out for you.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:31 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
When you go to see the civil surgeon, I believe he can mark on the I-693 that it's not appropriate for you to have certain vaccinations or completing a series of them.

See the following text in the Instructions for completing I-693:

If you initially did not have documents proving you received all the required vaccines but later submit those documents, or if the civil surgeon certifies that it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the missing vaccine(s), USCIS may grant you a waiver based on the civil surgeon's certification on the vaccination supplement. HHS has determined that a vaccine is "not medically appropriate" if : a. the vaccine is not recommended for your specific age group; [b]b. there is a medical reason why it would not be safe to have the vaccine (for example, allergies to eggs
and yeast, pregnancy, hypersensitivity to prior vaccines, or other medical reasons); or c. you are unable to complete the entire series of a required vaccine within a reasonable amount of time.
My fiancees doctor from Knightsbridge checked every box except tha varicella. I would hate the AOS to be delayed because he didn't have the shot. I'm just going by what the USCS says the requirements are and what the doctor filled out inLondon.I know we have to go to a USCS doctor here to fill in the I 693.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:32 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by californian
I have read that if a K visa applicant satisfies Knightsbridge doctors that they have received all neccesary vaccinations (which in the UK does not include Varicella) than you do not have to "deal with" vaccinations when you adjust status. I believe you would encounter the Varicella issue if you waited to show documentary evidence of your vaccinations until you got to the US.
But what about the form that gets filled in? The doctors can't check the varicella shot bo if they haven't gooten it.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
But what about the form that gets filled in? The doctors can't check the varicella shot bo if they haven't gooten it.
If your OH has had chicken pox, he could get a titre test done to prove his anitbodies. He could then take the results of this, along with the proof of the rest of his vaccinations to the USCIS civil surgeon here in the US. The civil surgeon then fills out the I-693, and could tick off the appropriate boxes showing he's had all the necessary vaccines.

IMO, and I'm not a doctor, I wouldn't have anyone I love get an additional vaccine if he/she has already had the actual disease. I would think that could be dangerous. But then, I'm all about getting the minimal number of vaccinations needed, and not over-vaccinating - no matter what USCIS says. Are they going to pay your medical bills if a vaccination harms you?

I'm with Ozziedoc on the HPV vaccine. If the shoe had been on the other foot, and I was from the UK, I would flat out refuse to that get shot without additional scientific evidence that it would help a woman that was already sexually active. I'm very careful what gets jabbed into my body, and no gov't will force me to it. Sorry...i'm going off on a tangent, but i feel quite strongly on this topic.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 6:29 am

Hi. I was just looking over my fiancees vaccination records again and saw that the doctor wrote VH varicella history in the box for the varicella shot. I thought it was blank. Does that mean that he doesn't need it since the doctor wrote that in the box? We are going to the US civil surgeon here in New York a week after he gets here . Anyone else have this experience? I called around to several doctors and got such a different range of prces and some insisted that he get another physical even though I told them he had it already. This doctor said it's $175 for the shot nd the I693. I spoke to two of my friends who are nurses here in NYC and they said that it's quite reasonable for that price.