Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Adjustment Of Status: Injections

Wikiposts

Adjustment Of Status: Injections

Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:30 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all
Default Adjustment Of Status: Injections

I am filling out my AOS forms after marrying my hubby within 30 days on a K1 Visa - I have questions about the injections I must have

I have proof from my doctor in England that I have had:

FIRST DTP (tripple+polio)
SECOND DTP (tripple+polio
THIRD DTP (tripple+polio)
MEASLES VACCINATION

What else do I need to have? How do I go about this? I am absolutely stuck and any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 5:25 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjustment Of Status: Injections

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
I am filling out my AOS forms after marrying my hubby within 30 days on a K1 Visa - I have questions about the injections I must have

I have proof from my doctor in England that I have had:

FIRST DTP (tripple+polio)
SECOND DTP (tripple+polio
THIRD DTP (tripple+polio)
MEASLES VACCINATION

What else do I need to have? How do I go about this? I am absolutely stuck and any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.
Hi Rosie , http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...cinechart.html
This is the link from the US embassy in London. It will tell you exactly which shots you will need.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 5:29 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
This is the link from the US embassy in London. It will tell you exactly which shots you will need.
The gardisal shot for HPV which is required for Women under 27 whch I'm pretty sure you are is done in a series of 3 shots. My fiancee got all of his shots in the UK except for the varicella vaccine which is for chicken pox and is not available in the UK. They told him he would need it even though he said he already had chicken pox. Congrats on your wedding by the way! My fiancees K1 was aproved on June 5. Unfortuantely he won't be here until October or so. Tomuch financial stuff to sort out unfortunately!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

The gardisal shot for HPV which is required for Women under 27 whch I'm pretty sure you are is done in a series of 3 shots.
This drives me bonkers - it is NOT indicated for women who have been sexually active prior to the jab. Grrrrr. (ie it is not recommended, no evidence that it works tho I suspect that it does give some coverage......USCIS has no scientific basis to make their decision about this.)

My fiancee got all of his shots in the UK except for the varicella vaccine which is for chicken pox and is not available in the UK. They told him he would need it even though he said he already had chicken pox.
He was misinformed. He could have had a blood test to check his antibodies. This is an option that many people take. Where was his Civil Surgeon based?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
This drives me bonkers - it is NOT indicated for women who have been sexually active prior to the jab. Grrrrr. (ie it is not recommended, no evidence that it works tho I suspect that it does give some coverage......USCIS has no scientific basis to make their decision about this.)

He was misinformed. He could have had a blood test to check his antibodies. This is an option that many people take. Where was his Civil Surgeon based?
This is from Knightsbridge doctors in London which are the only doctors that can give the physical for K1 visas for UK residents. They fill out the vaccination form and send the results of the physical to the US embassy. The Varicella is a required vaccine according to the USCS website. This is only recent apparently. I actually had chicken pox twice. I had a very mild case as a child so I did not build up immunity and I got it again in my early twenty's. The gardisal shot is a new requirement as well . Even if there is no proof that it works and does not cover eveety strain of the virus it is still a requirement for women under 27 who wish to immigrate to the US. Why would you risk your immigration staus over not getting a shot or two?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

This is from Knightsbridge doctors in London which are the only doctors that can give the physical for K1 visas for UK residents. They fill out the vaccination form and send the results of the physical to the US embassy. The Varicella is a required vaccine according to the USCS website. This is only recent apparently. I actually had chicken pox twice. I had a very mild case as a child so I did not build up immunity and I got it again in my early twenty's. The gardisal shot is a new requirement as well . Even if there is no proof that it works and does not cover eveety strain of the virus it is still a requirement for women under 27 who wish to immigrate to the US. Why would you risk your immigration staus over not getting a shot or two?
I think they just ignored Varicella for Keith - he didn't get one in the UK (obviously) and no further medical was required for AOS.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tracym
I think they just ignored Varicella for Keith - he didn't get one in the UK (obviously) and no further medical was required for AOS.
I have read that if a K visa applicant satisfies Knightsbridge doctors that they have received all neccesary vaccinations (which in the UK does not include Varicella) than you do not have to "deal with" vaccinations when you adjust status. I believe you would encounter the Varicella issue if you waited to show documentary evidence of your vaccinations until you got to the US.

Last edited by californian; Jul 2nd 2008 at 1:29 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by californian
I have read that if a K visa applicant satisfies Knightsbridge doctors that they have received all neccesary vaccinations (which in the UK does not include Varicella) than you do not have to "deal with" vaccinations when you adjust status. I believe you would encounter the Varicella issue if you waited to show documentary evidence of your vaccinations until you got to the US.
That's what happened for us - and what our lawyer seemed to expect.

No idea if it always happens that way though.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:04 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all

Excellent thankyou very much for all the help. Here is the dreaded question ...

When I get the 6 months treatment for Human papillonomavirus - will I have to have completed the 6months course before I can file, or can I just show prrof that I am on my way to getting it and have had the first shot??
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:38 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

When you go to see the civil surgeon, I believe he can mark on the I-693 that it's not appropriate for you to have certain vaccinations or completing a series of them.

See the following text in the Instructions for completing I-693:

If you initially did not have documents proving you received all the required vaccines but later submit those documents, or if the civil surgeon certifies that it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the missing vaccine(s), USCIS may grant you a waiver based on the civil surgeon's certification on the vaccination supplement. HHS has determined that a vaccine is "not medically appropriate" if : a. the vaccine is not recommended for your specific age group; [b]b. there is a medical reason why it would not be safe to have the vaccine (for example, allergies to eggs
and yeast, pregnancy, hypersensitivity to prior vaccines, or other medical reasons); or c. you are unable to complete the entire series of a required vaccine within a reasonable amount of time.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:39 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

When you go to see the civil surgeon, I believe he can mark on the I-693 that it's not appropriate for you to have certain vaccinations or completing a series of them.

See the following text in the Instructions for completing I-693:

If you initially did not have documents proving you received all the required vaccines but later submit those documents, or if the civil surgeon certifies that it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the missing vaccine(s), USCIS may grant you a waiver based on the civil surgeon's certification on the vaccination supplement. HHS has determined that a vaccine is "not medically appropriate" if : a. the vaccine is not recommended for your specific age group; [b]b. there is a medical reason why it would not be safe to have the vaccine (for example, allergies to eggs
and yeast, pregnancy, hypersensitivity to prior vaccines, or other medical reasons); or c. you are unable to complete the entire series of a required vaccine within a reasonable amount of time.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:43 am
Twice half his height

Also, check out this post - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...00&postcount=7
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:50 am
Rosie

Oh good, that would have been a terrible pain.

Are there any specific GPs I have to go to? As there was in London? I am guessing that the Doc will have full understanding of this process?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:06 am
Twice half his height

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
Oh good, that would have been a terrible pain.

Are there any specific GPs I have to go to? As there was in London? I am guessing that the Doc will have full understanding of this process?
Huh? What would have been a pain?

You need to get your I-693 done by a USCIS approved civil surgeon. You can find one using this page - Civil Surgeon Locator
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:08 am
Rosie

It would have been a pain to have to wait 6 months before filing my AOS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.