"Additional Information" on forms

Wikiposts

"Additional Information" on forms

Old Aug 28th 2018, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Aquapanther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Additional Information" on forms

Hi guys,

I apologise for all the questions I have...but I think I'll likely have a few more!

Is it best of I start one thread for all my questions (covering various forms) or start a new thread for each?

Anyway, onto my question for now!

I'm confused where is says use the additional information sheet if you need more space.
On that sheet it asks for the page, part and item number.
So for example on the I-485 Part 3 it asks for my address history foe the past 5 years and tells me to use Part 14 Additional Information if I need more room.
Question 5 is my current address and question 6 is my previous address.
I assumed that I would need to use Part 14 for the previous addresses to this (to cover 5 years).
So in Part 14 I would put Page 4, Part 3...but what item number? 5? 6?

There are other questions where this happens.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 2:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Additional Information" on forms

Just reference the question number on the separate paper if you are using it.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2018, 2:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Since all your questions will have to do with your own case, you can put them all here.

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Default My Application Questions

I have another question on form I-485, part 8, Q25 (Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged or detained for any reason...) ,Q26 (Have you ever committed a crime of any kind...) & Q27 (Have you even plead guilty to or been convicted of a crime of any kind...).
The instructions say that you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license.

I was stopped for speeding in Mississippi in 2017 for which I paid a fine of $149.
I also have received three speeding fines (and points) in the UK over a period of 20 years driving, all of which the fine was less than $500 and none of which triggered any ban.

1) I take it i still need to declare this information on the form?
2) The UK speeding offences were long ago and I don't have a record of dates and fine amounts. Do I need to find all this out somehow to put on the form? Any thoughts on how I find this out?

Cheers.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 8:45 am

1. I would, just to be safe.
2. No, you don't have to include this.

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1. I would, just to be safe.
2. No, you don't have to include this.

Rene
Thanks Rene.
So do I just mention that I have had 3 UK speeding fines, or are you saying I don't need to mention them at all?
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 10:19 am

I would declare everything to the best of your knowledge.

I would say you don't need paper evidence.

Rene
Old Sep 13th 2018, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Putting together my package now so have a few questions if you don't mind;

For the benefit of the below, I am the beneficiary and my wife is the petitioner.

General Form Filling
It states on all the instructions to write "N/A" or "None" where applicable, but when you file the form in electronically it doesn't allow that.
Should we manually write this info after printing the forms?

Do we need to provide duplicate copies of each evidence if it is required twice.
For example forms I-485 and I-765 both ask for copies of my passport. Should I put 2 copies (1 behind each form)?

I-130
We are providing a copy of my wife's birth certificate.
Do we also need to provide a copy of her passport? We are concerned because it still has her maiden name on it (although the maiden name is of course on the form).

I-864
Do we need to supply info on my US tax returns (my income is not being used as support).

I-485
On my last entry to the US I used Global Entry, so I did not get any stamp on my passport.
I will provide the copy of my visa and my latest I-94.
Should I also submit evidence of my enrollment to Global Entry and a sworn statement explaining what happened?

It also states that I should submit other evidence showing that I have maintained lawful status.
I can provide the I-94 as requested, but what else? None of the other suggestions apply to me.
Also it says that there should be evidence of this for every time I entered the US, and the additional instructions for the Spouse category does not mention this. Will my I-94 page showing my entries be enough here?

I had my medical in March 2018, and I have the sealed I-693 from this.
Am I best submitting this now or will it not make a difference (ie I'll likely still have to redo it again later)?

I-131
So it states that I may seek Advanced Parole if I need to travel abroad temporarily for "urgent humanitarian reasons" or in furtherance of a "significant public benefit".
I would be using it to return to the UK to visit family and friends and also to clear goods out a warehouse where I'm storing things just now. I would possibly be using it for a holiday to Mexico in September 2019 if I stuill do not have the GC by then.
Are these good enough reasons to get the AP approved? Any way I should phrase it to stand a better chance?
If it gets approved for these reasons is there a serious chance that a border guard could say that these were not good enough reasons for approval, so you are not getting back in?

I think that is all I have for now.
Thank you all again for your help.

Cheers.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 9:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aquapanther
Putting together my package now so have a few questions if you don't mind;

For the benefit of the below, I am the beneficiary and my wife is the petitioner.

General Form Filling
It states on all the instructions to write "N/A" or "None" where applicable, but when you file the form in electronically it doesn't allow that.
Should we manually write this info after printing the forms?
Yes handwrite in the appropriate response.

Do we need to provide duplicate copies of each evidence if it is required twice.
For example forms I-485 and I-765 both ask for copies of my passport. Should I put 2 copies (1 behind each form)?
Treat each petition as a separate entity. Therefore, you will need multiple copies of several documents, i.e. marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.

I-130
We are providing a copy of my wife's birth certificate.
Do we also need to provide a copy of her passport? We are concerned because it still has her maiden name on it (although the maiden name is of course on the form).
Again, treat each petition as a separate entity. If the instructions call for both the birth certificate and a copy of the passport, include both. If it asks for either/or, then only one is required.

I-864
Do we need to supply info on my US tax returns (my income is not being used as support).
Why isn't it? You can take the 10 year burden off of your spouse by using your income on the I-864 as well. Especially if you can going to be continuing to work and you are a member of the household. If you want to remain dependent solely on your spouse for financial sponsorship, then don't include your information.

I-485
On my last entry to the US I used Global Entry, so I did not get any stamp on my passport.
I will provide the copy of my visa and my latest I-94.
Should I also submit evidence of my enrollment to Global Entry and a sworn statement explaining what happened?
No, why would you. It doesn't prove anything and isn't necessary. You have your latest I-94 and a copy of your current visa. That's all you need.

It also states that I should submit other evidence showing that I have maintained lawful status.
I can provide the I-94 as requested, but what else? None of the other suggestions apply to me.
Also it says that there should be evidence of this for every time I entered the US, and the additional instructions for the Spouse category does not mention this. Will my I-94 page showing my entries be enough here?
This is news to me. Never heard it asked on either the I-130 or the I-485 before. You don't require additional evidence. You are submitting a valid I-94 and your work visa.

I had my medical in March 2018, and I have the sealed I-693 from this.
Am I best submitting this now or will it not make a difference (ie I'll likely still have to redo it again later)?
I don't know why you did the medical before your marriage and before anticipating marriage, but since it is completed, include it with the petition. You will probably have to have it redone anyway before the interview as it will be over a year old by that time and thus, invalid.

I-131
So it states that I may seek Advanced Parole if I need to travel abroad temporarily for "urgent humanitarian reasons" or in furtherance of a "significant public benefit".
I would be using it to return to the UK to visit family and friends and also to clear goods out a warehouse where I'm storing things just now. I would possibly be using it for a holiday to Mexico in September 2019 if I stuill do not have the GC by then.
Are these good enough reasons to get the AP approved? Any way I should phrase it to stand a better chance?
If it gets approved for these reasons is there a serious chance that a border guard could say that these were not good enough reasons for approval, so you are not getting back in?
For everyone reading this, as is said each time someone asks this question ... you do NOT need a reason to apply for and get advance parole. You can put 'undetermined at this time' or 'emergency travel' or 'business travel'. You do not have to have a date and/or a destination.

I think that is all I have for now.
Thank you all again for your help.

Cheers.
Compile your petitions, attach evidence asked for to each petition, bull nose clip it together. You should have 5 packs ... I-130, I-485, I-864, I-131, I-765. MAKE AN EXACT DUPLICATE COPY FOR YOUR FILES BEFORE MAILING. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS. Often evidence will go missing and you may get a RFE 'referral for evidence' and then all you have to do is go to your copy, pull what's needed, make a copy, and send it back to them.

I realize you are being cautious and prudent but this is not rocket science and you were intelligent enough to get a work visa and I trust you to be intelligent enough to assert reason and good judgment. Bet you are excited to be almost finished with this project.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Excellent, Thanks again Rete!

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes handwrite in the appropriate response.
Noted.

Treat each petition as a separate entity. Therefore, you will need multiple copies of several documents, i.e. marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.
Thanks.

Again, treat each petition as a separate entity. If the instructions call for both the birth certificate and a copy of the passport, include both. If it asks for either/or, then only one is required.
It is not 100% clear to me from the instructions whether it needs both, but I think it is just one so the BC will do.

Why isn't it? You can take the 10 year burden off of your spouse by using your income on the I-864 as well. Especially if you can going to be continuing to work and you are a member of the household. If you want to remain dependent solely on your spouse for financial sponsorship, then don't include your information.
I am not currently employed. I needed to leave my employment before the wedding so as to maintain current status for the 60 day grace period due to the company getting sold.
Therefore I will not have any income until I get work authorisation.

No, why would you. It doesn't prove anything and isn't necessary. You have your latest I-94 and a copy of your current visa. That's all you need.
Great, thanks.

This is news to me. Never heard it asked on either the I-130 or the I-485 before. You don't require additional evidence. You are submitting a valid I-94 and your work visa.
OK, I must have misunderstood the form.

I don't know why you did the medical before your marriage and before anticipating marriage, but since it is completed, include it with the petition. You will probably have to have it redone anyway before the interview as it will be over a year old by that time and thus, invalid.
My employer was going to put me through for an adjustment of status from L1 to GC, however that fell through when they were sold.

For everyone reading this, as is said each time someone asks this question ... you do NOT need a reason to apply for and get advance parole. You can put 'undetermined at this time' or 'emergency travel' or 'business travel'. You do not have to have a date and/or a destination.
Sorry if this gets asked a lot!
That has put my mind at rest, thank you.

Just to put my mind at rest further if you don't mind...what reasons would the border guard have for not allowing you to reenter on AP when you come back to the US?
I know this is probably me worrying over nothing, but the worst thing would be going home for a holiday and not getting back in!

Compile your petitions, attach evidence asked for to each petition, bull nose clip it together. You should have 5 packs ... I-130, I-485, I-864, I-131, I-765. MAKE AN EXACT DUPLICATE COPY FOR YOUR FILES BEFORE MAILING. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS. Often evidence will go missing and you may get a RFE 'referral for evidence' and then all you have to do is go to your copy, pull what's needed, make a copy, and send it back to them.

I realize you are being cautious and prudent but this is not rocket science and you were intelligent enough to get a work visa and I trust you to be intelligent enough to assert reason and good judgment. Bet you are excited to be almost finished with this project.
I know Rete...it is just so important to both of us that I am questioning everything as I wouldn't want a RFE and the associated extension just because I didn't ask for clarification on something.
Man, I can't wait for this all to be over! It has been a long journey to get to here and we are both ready to put it all behind us and move forward.

I will make a promise to you all that I will hang around the site after it is all done to help out with any advise I can give!
Old Sep 13th 2018, 12:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason I can think that he would not allow you in with AP is if the AOS were denied while you were away. And even then, he would probably allow you in to attend to affairs but retain the AP so that it could not be used again.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Jasskatten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aquapanther
I am putting my AOS together now too, and just read this passage in the instructions, which confused me too at first. It is family preference immigrants that needs to show they have maintained lawful status. Immediate relatives (i.e spouses, children, or parents) do not have to show they have maintained lawful status.

Last edited by Jasskatten; Sep 16th 2018 at 10:13 am.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 4:07 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jasskatten
I am putting my AOS together now too, and just read this passage in the instructions, which confused me too at first. It is family preference immigrants that needs to show they have maintained lawful status. Immediate relatives (i.e spouses, children, or parents) do not have to show they have maintained lawful status.
We seem to be butting heads. In fact, the beneficiary of the I-130 and subsequent I-485 when filed concurrently does need to show that they entered the US legally. If the intended was not inspected at the POE, then they are not eligible to adjust status as they are here illegally. While they can be out of status, i.e. overstayed their VWP or their visa, they do have to show some proof that they entered the US legally.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Jasskatten is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rete, just wanted to clarify that we do agree that the original poster do not need to submit evidence that he/she has maintained lawful status. Did not mean to butt heads. My only intention was to ease the original posters worries, since I knew where the misunderstanding came from, i.e he is an imediate relative, and only preference category family immigrants need to show they maintained lawful status. The following is cut and pasted from the instructions to form i-485:

7. Evidence of Continuously Maintaining a Lawful Status Since Arrival in the United States
Anyone applying under the following immigrant categories must submit evidence to show they have continuously
maintained lawful immigration status while in the United States and are therefore not barred from adjustment by INA
section 245(c)(2): applicants applying under a family-based preference category or an employment-based preference
category; special immigrant religious workers, Afghan or Iraqi nationals, and international broadcasters; and selectees
under the Diversity Visa Lottery program.
Edit: BTW, no one, neither me nor the original poster, have said the you don't have to show you entered the country legally.

Last edited by Jasskatten; Sep 17th 2018 at 5:14 am. Reason: Updating