ACRO certificate K1

Old Jun 10th 2014, 7:05 pm
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACRO certificate K1

Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been answered before. Cannot find an answer anywhere.
SO my question is:

Is it a negative if I was to apply for my police certificate early? Not even anywhere near the NOA2 yet. Well only sent off the initial package, 2 weeks ago now nearly. But I would like to get all of my records sorted from now. I have already got my birth certificate so just wanted to get this in order too. However, I do realise that I may need to apply again when the time does arrive to furnish this info. I am just very curious with my record to see whats on it. Been reading so many issues on here with their own experiences of what was written on it, from petty fines, to unknown petty misdemeanours' etc that I am starting to think I should apply now and just see whats on there.
I have had run ins with the DWP for the typical Working Tax Credit, but no fines etcs but just curious on matters like this. Benefits etc.
I have in the past worked for a UK government and with children so had extensive background checks done on myself every year without no probs but I feel that ACRO does a different way of checking even though I had a thorough investigate background check when I was working for the government.
Would the embassy mind that I had one done earlier and would the police notify the Embassy that I had one done already a few months back.
Also, I do work with children still even though I do have CRB check yearly, I would like to have this record for my personal filing.

thanks
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:32 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACRO certificate K1

Can you at please speak grammatically correct English please? I don't understand a sentence you're writing. I'm sure others don't either.

And, no, you can apply for your ACRO certificate at any point. The sooner the better, frankly.

Last edited by hungryhorace; Jun 10th 2014 at 8:34 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:39 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Can you at please speak grammatically correct English please? I don't understand a sentence you're writing. I'm sure others don't either.

And, no, you can apply for your ACRO certificate at any point. The sooner the better, frankly.
She can yes, but given that they've only just sent off the I129F it would probably be better to wait a few months. I know they're valid for a year but the general advice on here is that the more recent the better when it comes to medicals/interviews.

OP, I'm applying for my ACRO certificate when our NOA2 comes through. However, I've never been in any kind of trouble with the police etc. If you're not sure what's on your record or think that you might need court records etc then I guess you could get one now and see what it says.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:41 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florida12
Would the embassy mind that I had one done earlier and would the police notify the Embassy that I had one done already a few months back.
Sorry, to answer your questions:

No, the Embassy won't mind that you've had one done 'earlier' - just bear in mind that you'll need to provide one at your medical and interview that is <12 months old and the more recent the better.

No, the police won't notify the Embassy about any checks you have done, it's up to you to provide these at the medical and interview stage.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a negative if I was to apply for my police certificate early?
No... no one will care when you get the police certificate as long as you don't mind having to get a new one if there's some delay in the process.

I do realise that I may need to apply again when the time does arrive to furnish this info.
Well then, go for it if you want.

I am starting to think I should apply now and just see whats on there.
Okay... but there's really nothing you can do if anything shows up on your report.

Would the embassy mind that I had one done earlier...
They won't know or care.

... and would the police notify the Embassy that I had one done already a few months back.
No, they won't.

Ian
Old Jun 11th 2014, 12:45 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

It only costs about 10 quid. You can get one any time you like, as many times as you like.

I don't think run ins with DWP will be on there unless the police were involved.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by RICH
It only costs about 10 quid. You can get one any time you like, as many times as you like.

I don't think run ins with DWP will be on there unless the police were involved.
Hi. Can you tell me where you get the £10 fee from please? I have the form and its states £45 standard or £80 Premium. Don't want to overpay!
No police were involved with my Benefits query. Just the old standard method of Glasgow messing up my Working Tax credits and had to fight them to sort it out. Overpayments and had to go to a civil court to sort out payment scheme or at least fight for no overpayment due from myself. Which now has been acknowledge of late that, they had incorrectly worked out my payments and apologised.

Thank you

Last edited by florida12; Jun 11th 2014 at 7:41 am.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No... no one will care when you get the police certificate as long as you don't mind having to get a new one if there's some delay in the process.

Well then, go for it if you want.

Okay... but there's really nothing you can do if anything shows up on your report.

They won't know or care.

No, they won't.

Ian
Thank you Ian, as always. Very valuable, that you are on here!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
She can yes, but given that they've only just sent off the I129F it would probably be better to wait a few months. I know they're valid for a year but the general advice on here is that the more recent the better when it comes to medicals/interviews.

OP, I'm applying for my ACRO certificate when our NOA2 comes through. However, I've never been in any kind of trouble with the police etc. If you're not sure what's on your record or think that you might need court records etc then I guess you could get one now and see what it says.
Thank you! Relief to know that no drawbacks shall happen from myself doing this, so, I shall go ahead.
Happy everyone understood my query. Thank you everyone for your positive helpful responses.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 8:00 am
Hoppity hop...

Originally Posted by RICH
It only costs about 10 quid.
Hi. Can you tell me where you get the £10 fee from please? I have the form and its states £45 standard or £80 Premium. Don't want to overpay!
It's definitely £45.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 3:31 pm

It's definitely £45.
Thank you.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 3:54 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you reposting this?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 7:47 am

Thank you! Relief to know that no drawbacks shall happen from myself doing this, so, I shall go ahead.
Happy everyone understood my query. Thank you everyone for your positive helpful responses.
Got back my ACPO police certificate (dry run) before the 'real deal' when my application gets to that point of request. Still awaiting NOA2 yet, but thought i'd post and let you guys know the outcome of that.

It took exactly 10 days to receive. I checked it over and there is NO TRACE on it. Thank goodness!! I was worried, even though I am good girl, I was just worried anyhow.
Now, I know I may need to do another one in the future, as and when they request, but is there a possibility that I may just be able to use this one?
The date is 30th June 2014 and I am sure that my process should be done way before then.
Anyway, I am just happy that all is well with paperwork end. I am so organised ahead.
I have vaccs list from both GP's. Past and present. I have my ACPO certificate. I have my Birth certificate. Any other paperwork do I need to collate aswell to be ahead of the game?
K1 visa process.

Thanks guys.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:01 am
Hoppity hop...

I checked it over and there is NO TRACE on it. Thank goodness!! I was worried, even though I am good girl, I was just worried anyhow.
I don't understand, why would you think there'd be something on it if you haven't done anything?! The police don't randomly attach criminal convictions to your record for a laugh!

Now, I know I may need to do another one in the future, as and when they request, but is there a possibility that I may just be able to use this one?
You may, it depends how long the rest of your process takes. The police certificates are valid for 12 months. However, the general advice on here is that the more recent it is the better.

I have vaccs list from both GP's. Past and present. I have my ACPO certificate. I have my Birth certificate. Any other paperwork do I need to collate aswell to be ahead of the game?
K1 visa process.

Thanks guys.
Have you checked the list of documents required for both the medical and the interview? Go through those and see if there's anything you can get sorted now.

Your fiance may also want to look at the documents required for the I134.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:09 am

I don't understand, why would you think there'd be something on it if you haven't done anything?! The police don't randomly attach criminal convictions to your record for a laugh!

I know!! Just that 'don't want anything to go wrong' outlook. Horrible I know.

You may, it depends how long the rest of your process takes. The police certificates are valid for 12 months. However, the general advice on here is that the more recent it is the better.

Ok. Well, I may just see the time length and access then if it is worth just handing that one in.

Have you checked the list of documents required for both the medical and the interview? Go through those and see if there's anything you can get sorted now.

Your fiance may also want to look at the documents required for the I134.
I shall check that out. Thank you!!