Abandonment of status?

Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abandonment of status?

Originally Posted by slummymummy
I couldn't find the worksheet! I'm normally "internet savvy" but I couldn't see it. Got side tracked and started doing practice questions instead! If you have the exact link please post it when you have time... TIA.
Here's the link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/attachments.pdf

Scroll about halfway down through the document, and you'll see it.

Here's the main page to all the chapters in the Guide to Naturalization: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Got it thanks. The worksheet only mentions being outside for a year so according to that I'm eligible to apply.

Also found this higher up in the doc:

If you have taken any trip outside the United States that lasted 6 months or more since becoming a Lawful Permanent
Resident, send evidence that you (and your family) continued to live, work and/or keep ties to the United States, such as:
- An IRS tax return “transcript” or an IRS-certified tax return listing tax information for the last 5 years (or for the last
3 years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen).
- Rent or mortgage payments and pay stubs.

The tax stuff I'm assuming we have or could get.
Also have what I said about registering the kids for preschool. Edit: And paying several hundred dollars as a non-refundable deposit!
And looking at houses with a broker (I know this is pretty weak though!)

I guess I could apply but risk losing my fee.

Last question, if I apply and get denied because it's too early, will I be able to apply again 8 months later do you think OR IS THAT IT???

OMG I hate immigration. Lucky y'all who are done with all this.

Last edited by slummymummy; Mar 5th 2013 at 3:27 am.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Last question, if I apply and get denied because it's too early, will I be able to apply again 8 months later do you think OR IS THAT IT???
You can apply again whenever you're eligible.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Ok that sounds good........... thank you!

So I either wait longer or I apply and risk losing my fee. This is not the end of the world. Others have worse problems.

I am lucky.

Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to your signature you have a minimum of 6 months or so before you can apply. No need to do it on the first day
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes you're right - 90 days before the 3 year anniverary of becoming a LPR. September 2013 for me.

If the trip of 7 months delays me I have to wait until May 2014.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:36 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You put down each trip outside the USA and the actual duration of each trip.

Regards, JEff

... So the only thing left to possibly worry about is do I put on the N-400 form that my trip was under or over 6 months?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes I know but I admit I was a little bit tempted to *not remember* but I quickly changed my mind. Not worth it. I will look back at emails etc to find out the exact dates and put them down correctly.