Reload this Page >

Aaahhhhh!!! Now What??!!

Wikiposts

Aaahhhhh!!! Now What??!!

Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Gryphon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aaahhhhh!!! Now What??!!

While I was visiting my husband in the US, I went for my antibody titre tests on the 4/21, explaining I needed the results by 4/25 since I'm flying back to Toronto 4/26. They told me that was fine, they'd have them in a "couple days" (which would've been 4/24 latest)

Well, the results for measles/mumps/rubella were complete and given to me 4/25. The results for diptheria/tetanus won't be available until Monday - when I'm supposed to see Dr. Seiden in Toronto at 7a.m. My Canadian doc is being extremely (insert explicatives here) difficult about faxing my results from a 1997 DPT test. I have been after them since the beginning of the month to send them to me.

What kills me is that back in November I had sent everything to the NVC (which is why my CDN doc is being so snippy - "we already sent you copies, why do you need more?"), so consequently, the US Consulate already HAS those results.

I'm in an absolute panic about this - I MUST be able to get my Visa when I go to Montreal on Tuesday!!! I can only hope that Dr. Seiden's office has encountered this type of snafu before and will be willing to accept a fax from either my US/CDN doc while I'm at their office.

Any advice/words of encouragement?
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point

can you just not get a new MMR shot? you get poked by the needle (again) - you can show the proof in your vaccination paper. it might cost a bit more, but you had immidiate results.

just a thought
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point

oops i meant the tetanus and diphtheria shot - a new refresh shot. mmr you already have a positive result ...
Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

abdelghani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Duckie
oops i meant the tetanus and diphtheria shot - a new refresh shot. mmr you already have a positive result ...
HI i have a Q PLS
What are The shots i need for medical check ?
1 - mumps
2 - measles
3 - rubella
OR
<1-&2-& 3- and (diphtheria) and (varicella)>.
in japan for diphtheria cost (17000 yen) = (150us$)+ medical check (290us $)+ (1-2-3) 80$
Old Apr 26th 2003, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Gryphon is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, I'm almost 8 months pregnant. No shots, no x-rays.

>>>>>>>>>>.
Originally posted by Duckie
Old Apr 26th 2003, 12:33 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaahhhhh!!! Now What??!!

Originally posted by Gryphon
While I was visiting my husband in the US, I went for my antibody titre tests on the 4/21, explaining I needed the results by 4/25 since I'm flying back to Toronto 4/26. They told me that was fine, they'd have them in a "couple days" (which would've been 4/24 latest)

Well, the results for measles/mumps/rubella were complete and given to me 4/25. The results for diptheria/tetanus won't be available until Monday - when I'm supposed to see Dr. Seiden in Toronto at 7a.m. My Canadian doc is being extremely (insert explicatives here) difficult about faxing my results from a 1997 DPT test. I have been after them since the beginning of the month to send them to me.

What kills me is that back in November I had sent everything to the NVC (which is why my CDN doc is being so snippy - "we already sent you copies, why do you need more?"), so consequently, the US Consulate already HAS those results.

Why did you send it to NVC? Is that normal procedure? I can only speak for the UK but you don't present your past history that until the day of the medical which is the same day as the interview at the Consulate. Forgive me for being dense but I'm puzzled.
I'm in an absolute panic about this - I MUST be able to get my Visa when I go to Montreal on Tuesday!!! I can only hope that Dr. Seiden's office has encountered this type of snafu before and will be willing to accept a fax from either my US/CDN doc while I'm at their office.

Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:33 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaahhhhh!!! Now What??!!

You go with what you have. You can bring the results from the test to the interview with you so that should not be a problem. As for the Tetanus shot, I thought they were to be given every five years? 1997 to 2003 is a little over the five year mark. Also bear in mind that the vaccinations go by age and country. It is assumed by the doctor that you have had the normal childhood shots if you lived all your life in Canada and you are therefore age exempt as you would have received them as a child. At least that is how it was when Jim had his examination at Dr. Stewart's in Ottawa. She checked off those innoculations under the age exempt column.

Rete

Originally posted by Gryphon