Aaaahhhhhhhh

Old Mar 17th 2003, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

jockgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aaaahhhhhhhh

ok guys
before you jump all over me lol ,I know some of ya have been waiting for months an it scares me actually.I just filed my I-129f last week in Vermont and already the suspence is killing me lol.How do you guys stand the not knowing,the feelings of being totally powerless an at someone elses mercy.I find myself sitting here thinking its like a big competition us against them.They are out to stop us at all costs so nitpik the petitions to death and delay and delay for the most trivial of reasons.We on the other hand club our knowlege and try to "outsmart" them by knowing or trying to know in advance what they are looking for.Its driving me nuts already.I have the utmost respect for a lot of you guys,who even after a long time waiting still seem cheerful,frustrated but overall pretty cheerful.It says a lot for yas
I find myself checking this site numerous times throughout the day,looking for good news,timelines and most of all,new and improved surprise pitfalls that seem to get thrown up at random by "they who have the power" lol ,to keep us from thinking we might actually have figured out the system and dare to start thinking of an actual time that this might be over.We think we may be seeing the light and BAM the buggers move the goal posts on us.And before theres any comments made about my weeks wait so far,Ive been trying to get to this point for over a year , so even tho its just a week since I filed the actual papers,I feel like its been a year
Well i gorra go now Ive said what I need ta,just want you all to know that you are all doing a great job,and I feel like this is a lifeline of sorts,knowing I can get answers to most of my questions from someone whos actually been through it already.I will keep you posted as to my timeline if the suspence dont kill me first lol
Old Mar 17th 2003, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aaaahhhhhhhh

Originally posted by jockgurl
ok guys
before you jump all over me lol ,I know some of ya have been waiting for months an it scares me actually.I just filed my I-129f last week in Vermont and already the suspence is killing me lol.How do you guys stand the not knowing,the feelings of being totally powerless an at someone elses mercy.I find myself sitting here thinking its like a big competition us against them.They are out to stop us at all costs so nitpik the petitions to death and delay and delay for the most trivial of reasons.We on the other hand club our knowlege and try to "outsmart" them by knowing or trying to know in advance what they are looking for.Its driving me nuts already.I have the utmost respect for a lot of you guys,who even after a long time waiting still seem cheerful,frustrated but overall pretty cheerful.It says a lot for yas
I find myself checking this site numerous times throughout the day,looking for good news,timelines and most of all,new and improved surprise pitfalls that seem to get thrown up at random by "they who have the power" lol ,to keep us from thinking we might actually have figured out the system and dare to start thinking of an actual time that this might be over.We think we may be seeing the light and BAM the buggers move the goal posts on us.And before theres any comments made about my weeks wait so far,Ive been trying to get to this point for over a year , so even tho its just a week since I filed the actual papers,I feel like its been a year
Well i gorra go now Ive said what I need ta,just want you all to know that you are all doing a great job,and I feel like this is a lifeline of sorts,knowing I can get answers to most of my questions from someone whos actually been through it already.I will keep you posted as to my timeline if the suspence dont kill me first lol
Good luck, one thing that is a big plus for you.......it's Vermont.
Old Mar 17th 2003, 2:39 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Hey Jockgurl! I missed your earlier post. Belated congratulations on becoming an US citizen From what country is your fiance??
Honey, you'd better drop the "country" accent. Lol I'm havin' a hard time understandin' ya...

Last edited by Ranjini; Mar 17th 2003 at 2:47 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2003, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point

<snip>.How do you guys stand the not knowing,the feelings of being totally powerless an at someone elses mercy.<snip>We on the other hand club our knowlege and try to "outsmart" them by knowing or trying to know in advance what they are looking for.Its driving me nuts already.
Rather than go nuts, my fiance and I just do a lot of the same things that we would do if we were together:

1) I send her flowers about once per month -- same as I would if we were married. (It costs less to send them to China than to send them across town.)

2) We spend the weekend mornings and evenings doing Yahoo Messenger with a web cam -- we would spend the same amount of time talking while going shopping together or going out on dates if we were together right now.

3) We recently started playing online games to pass the time -- you can play checkers and such on Yahoo. We would probably spend at least one weekend evening per week playing a board game like this if we were together, so the only thing that we are losing is the pizza, rented movie, and smooching.

4) We call each other from work just for a half minute to say nothing more than IYQ -- same as we would do if we were together. It costs me a nickel to call China (onesuite.com), costs her a quarter or so.

These aren't the same as being together, but rather than spend our energies getting frustrated, we spend our energies to do as much as we can to mimic some sort of real life.

As for "outsmarting" BCIS -- I don't think that the officers who look at our petitions are trying to play any sort of game. Whoever eventually looks at my petition is just an overworked person who probably hates his or her job as much as I hate his/her job. These folks are probably just doing their best to stay out of trouble and not be accused of letting in the next terrorist. (*Management* of the process is a different issue - I am putting on my boxing gloves right now.) I expect to get an RFE, but it is because I didn't understand the process as a do-it-yourselver; an experienced attorney would not have let that happen.

Get all worked up, and there goes your health. Might as well pull up a chair and play checkers while you hurry up and wait.
Old Mar 18th 2003, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Ranjini
Hey Jockgurl! I missed your earlier post. Belated congratulations on becoming an US citizen From what country is your fiance??
Honey, you'd better drop the "country" accent. Lol I'm havin' a hard time understandin' ya...
hi Ranjini
ty for the congrats hun,any sign of your oath yet?.My fiance is from England by the way.And as to droppin the "country "accent
lol nope I refuse.lol
Old Mar 18th 2003, 11:06 pm
Banned

hi Ranjini
ty for the congrats hun,any sign of your oath yet?.My fiance is from England by the way.And as to droppin the "country "accent
lol nope I refuse.lol
No signs of the oath ceremony, Jockgurl. I have started checking my mail everyday. It's been 1 1/2 months now. They said it usually takes about 2 months....
I don' envy ya. Havin' to deal with the INS all over again.. must feel like re-livin' your worst nightmare

Last edited by Ranjini; Mar 18th 2003 at 11:08 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2003, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

hi ranjini
bet youll hear soon hun.it was 10 weeks for me till I heard. an as to dealin with INS again,this is my 6th dealin with them in 16 years ,and each time i do i swear itll be my last lol.My fiance pointed out we still have AOS an his citizenship to go too lol so just take me out an shoot me.Hes worth it tho,which is the only reason im dealin with em again.Hang in there it wont be much longer im sure
Old Mar 19th 2003, 1:37 am
Banned

hi ranjini
My fiance pointed out we still have AOS an his citizenship to go too lol so just take me out an shoot me.Hes worth it tho,which is the only reason im dealin with em again.Hang in there it wont be much longer im sure
And how about removing conditions between AOS and citizenship? Six times in 16 years??? Crikey...
I know. Anything worth having is worth waiting for, Jockgurl. Best wishes to you both! (((hugs)))
Old Mar 24th 2003, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

sharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to all

Hi! We did the same thing... I browsed sites and posts all day and all night... sometimes this was to our advantage because I would find out a lot of information and useful tips for our next stages... but other times it was a nightmare because it gave me new things to worry about (RFE's etc).

You are lucky you are using Vermont and your fiance is in England, your wait shouldn't be too long!

In the meantime you can think about getting things together and doing research for the next few steps... SS, AOS, EAD etc.

Good luck!

Sharmila