A #

Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

HannahRuth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A #

Hiya,

Just completing forms for AOS - it asks for my A# (if any). Do I have one? There's a number (at the bottom but above the electronic code stuff) on my K-1 visa that starts with A but I haven't seen this number anywhere else... as usual, sorry if that's a daft question...can't promise it'll be the last though!

H
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura aboutChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura aboutChelseaDagger has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A #

Originally Posted by HannahRuth
Hiya,

Just completing forms for AOS - it asks for my A# (if any). Do I have one? There's a number (at the bottom but above the electronic code stuff) on my K-1 visa that starts with A but I haven't seen this number anywhere else... as usual, sorry if that's a daft question...can't promise it'll be the last though!

H
Hi HannahRuth,

Yes, that is the one. Should be in black and have 9 digits after the A. Mine comes under the heading "annotation" and then gives details of when our I-129F (Fiance/Fiancee) petition was approved by USCIS.

Best of luck

CD
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks - that's great.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

spoke too soon...! The number on my visa is only 8 digits long - when I enter it into the I-485 it adds a 0 onto the beginning of the number. Is that correct?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

spoke too soon...! The number on my visa is only 8 digits long - when I enter it into the I-485 it adds a 0 onto the beginning of the number. Is that correct?
That's correct.

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2010, 5:16 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

HR,

It should also be on the Receipt and Approval notices for the petition, although it's often not shown on the Receipt Notice and sometimes not shown on the Approval Notice.

Used to be that way, anyway, maybe they've become more consistent recently in either showing the number or not showing it. But I'll bet there's still a place for it.

Regards, JEff