Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

911 call v.s immigration HELP!!!

911 call v.s immigration HELP!!!

Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 911 call v.s immigration HELP!!!

Wife and i had a fight the other night .she was extrame upset and hit and 911 buttom on the phone accidently. The police first call back and we spoke to them on the phone telling them that everything was fine (it was fine between us, the whole situation was just a disagreement on how to do dishes) they said that they had to send someone in to the house to make sure everything is alright and they did. The polices took our ID number and my EAD/A#. Our question is that would this incident effect our AOS process? we had EAD and fingerprint done and are waiting for the interview.

Thank you for your help
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 911 call v.s immigration HELP!!!

cj,

Well, it sounds to me like an excellent piece of evidence that you are indeed living together as man and wife!

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by cjcherri
Wife and i had a fight the other night .she was extrame upset and hit and 911 buttom on the phone accidently. The police first call back and we spoke to them on the phone telling them that everything was fine (it was fine between us, the whole situation was just a disagreement on how to do dishes) they said that they had to send someone in to the house to make sure everything is alright and they did. The polices took our ID number and my EAD/A#. Our question is that would this incident effect our AOS process? we had EAD and fingerprint done and are waiting for the interview.

Thank you for your help
Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since all they did was take ID information (probably for a report and nothing mroe) and no one was arrested....my guess is it is meaningless.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:40 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

How do you accidentally dial 911?

Thank you for your help
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:45 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
cj,

Well, it sounds to me like an excellent piece of evidence that you are indeed living together as man and wife!

Regards, JEff

Yeah That's so true!!.
Don't worry much, EVERY couple argue sometimes..
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
I was wondering the same thing. I know sometimes when making international calls, my friends have dialed 911 instead of 011 by mistake, and boy, is that embarrasing. But I would imagine it's hard to pick up the phone and dial 911 by accident...
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your help
Sorry to hear you guys arguing, but that happens to everyone. Like JEff said, it shows you live together, and act like a normal (albeit fighting!) married couple. :-)

Leslie - in reading the OP again, it seems maybe they have a one-button speed dial set up for 911, and if her elbow or something hit the dial and they have speaker phone, it would just start dialing, and if they were arguing loudly they wouldn't have noticed until 911 answered the call. I could see that happening.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:02 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cjcherri
(it was fine between us, the whole situation was just a disagreement on how to do dishes)

wouldn't of thought it a problem. but you need to get a dishwasher!!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:02 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Several years ago I tried to call my brother, and the first 2 numbers were 9 and 1. My phone was messed up and the "1" button would stick all the time. There were at least 3 times when I tried to call my bro and ended up calling 911. The first time it happened, I freaked out and hung up. They called me back of course and I told them what happened. Quite embarrassing to say the least.

Juliet
Old Nov 6th 2003, 6:58 pm
Andrew Defaria

jcapulet wrote:

>Originally posted by Leslie66
    >
    >>How do you accidentally dial 911?
    >>
    >Several years ago I tried to call my brother, and the first 2 numbers were 9 and 1. My phone was messed up and the "1" button would stick all the time. There were at least 3 times when I tried to call my bro and
    >ended up calling 911. The first time it happened, I freaked out and hung up. They called me back of course and I told them what happened. Quite embarrassing to say the least.
I really don't think that that is what happened here. Couple it with an
argument and I'd say for sure that the dialing of 911 was indeed
deliberate. It's funny how people seek to minimize the importance of
things especially when they point out a real problem or mistake (e.g.
"But your honoe, I accidently chopped off his head!").
--
Why is it called Alcoholics Anonymous when the first thing you do is
stand up and say, "My name is Bob, and I am an alcoholic"?

Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:12 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I love that story. When my god-daughter was one-year old she was playing with the cordless phone and called 911. When the operator started talking ......... the baby starting sqealing and banging the phone on the wood floor. When the cops showed up they found her using the phone as a teething ring and her very embarassed mother, just a few feet away, lying on the sofa reading a book.

Originally posted by Andrew Defaria
jcapulet wrote:

>
    >>
    >Several years ago I tried to call my brother, and the first 2 numbers were 9 and 1. My phone was messed up and the "1" button would stick all the time. There were at least 3 times when I tried to call my bro and
    >ended up calling 911. The first time it happened, I freaked out and hung up. They called me back of course and I told them what happened. Quite embarrassing to say the least.
--
Old Nov 6th 2003, 7:14 pm
WTF?

I'm skeptical myself. I know kids do it, but these are adults, in the middle of an argument.

Originally posted by Andrew Defaria
jcapulet wrote:

>
    >>
--