Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

90 days at a time, but... ?

90 days at a time, but... ?

Old May 29th 2009, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 days at a time, but... ?

I'd be interested to know why the GF is the one doing all the travelling??

(I also wonder if this was Mr F's subtext?)

Our transatlantic relationship has done fine for nearly six years.....though TG it's nearly over!!
Old May 30th 2009, 12:27 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

Hi:

No, it is not a subtext at all. The couple's questions as posited were seeking a way within the law that she could spend 98% of her time in the US.

And I do believe that she would be flying from the UK to California -- which is a LONG flight. Landing in LAX will be the jet lag experience from Hell and the Dark Forces know it -- and they take advantage of that.

My earlier comment on slipping over from a simple admission refusal can happen quite easily when the foreigner starts talking too much in an effort to be admitted. A visa waiver refusal under the (a)(7) [not admissible] is pretty much no harm, no foul for VWT's -- there will be no residual effect other than the need for visas in the future. On the other hand an (a)(6)(C) refusal DOES have the residual effect.

Reading I-275's from time to time is instructional.
Old May 30th 2009, 1:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colchester Girl
I know, and everyone's been really helpful. The whole visa thing's a real minefield though so it's just a matter of picking your way through.

We'll get there!
I agree, you WILL get there. It's just not quite like any other 'service' we have purchased in our lifetimes. Some of the visa thing can be a minefield, but I really encourage you to NOT psyche yourself out.. you are on the fast track in terms of visa issues (immediate relative or fiancee of a US citizen-this is THE fastest ticket in) and with no background issues currently, you'll have a comparative doddle. The point of this whole thread (from this end anyway) is to avoid creating background issues.

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

Our transatlantic relationship has done fine for nearly six years.....though TG it's nearly over!!
I mentioned this to them to. Absent an answer, it's their private business to discuss or not. I don't want another flame fest about how they conduct their relationship (in case anyone's working on a clever reply).

But your example of emotional maturity is admirable; you give the rest of us a good example to live up to, physically together or not.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

SwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc View Post

Originally Posted by meauxna
I mentioned this to them to. Absent an answer, it's their private business to discuss or not. I don't want another flame fest about how they conduct their relationship (in case anyone's working on a clever reply).

Good morning!
Meauxna, I enjoy your posts very much. You have a wonderful sense of what is pertinent and isn't. I appreciate you keeping me focused and steering me from distractions.
Being that this is a public forum easily viewed by anyone it's unwise to post details or our personal lives. So, as for the story and details behind Cholchester Girl "doing all the traveling" will remain unpublished.

But, I'll offer some possibilities for grins and giggles.
1. I'm currently in prison for smuggling unlicensed copies of Hanna Montana movies dubbed in Romanian.
2. I'm unable to fly due to a unremovable chip planted in my cortex by a shadow organization, and if I go above a certain elevation I'll explode.
3. I run a homeless shelter for pot bellied pigs that are attempting to break their addiction to Faulty Towers
4. I was discovered in a compromising situation with Margret Thatcher and was threatened that should I ever return to the UK the photos would be made public.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If it's the Hanna Montana thing, I hope you never get out.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
If it's the Hanna Montana thing, I hope you never get out.
Agreed.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Yeah anything actively promoting Hannah Montana is worth shooting IMO. Shame on you if this is true!! LOL
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

SwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud ofSwissMan has much to be proud of

Well, that's just it. Only Cholchester Girl knows for sure. hehe

And by the way, thanks for all the concern about a chip blowing my head off or the selfless work of rehabilitating pot bellied pigs. sheesh!