Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

4 questions on I-751, advise please

4 questions on I-751, advise please

Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of
Default 4 questions on I-751, advise please

please, advise.
Four questions:

1. Are we suppose to send ALL (since the first day of your marriage) your bank, credit card statements, utility bills and etc, OR how many of each would ne enough?
2. Is it better to write a cover letter with the list of things included in the I-751 binder, or?
3. How many pictures with family and friends are sufficient?
4. Do we need to send our marriage license again just to be on a safe side? If yes, original or copy?
thanks in advance
Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 questions on I-751, advise please

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
please, advise.
Four questions:

1. Are we suppose to send ALL (since the first day of your marriage) your bank, credit card statements, utility bills and etc, OR how many of each would ne enough?
Some people do, some don't. When our turn comes to file next year, I might include a bit of evidence from the first year of our marriage, just to show continuity.

2. Is it better to write a cover letter with the list of things included in the I-751 binder, or?
It probably doesn't matter. I intend to write a cover letter, only because I am used to doing so in the professional world, and to me a submittal looks more professional with a cover letter....but USCIS probably doesn't care. But now I have a question...when you say I-751 binder, what do you mean? You aren't sending a hard cover binder, are you?

As many as you feel comfortable with, without overdoing it. Some people send no pictures at all.

4. Do we need to send our marriage license again just to be on a safe side? If yes, original or copy?
Not the marriage license. If you send anything, it will be a photocopy of the certified copy of the marriage certificate (that shows it was recorded at the county recorders office). Not sure if it's a requirement to send it, but I intend to send another copy of ours. It's only 1 page, and better safe than sorry.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 7th 2006, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I did, and we were approved. Rather quickly even (2.5 months; CSC), but I don't think the contents of our package sped anything up -- we just got lucky.

1. We only sent evidence from after our AOS interview date, not from the first day of marriage.
2. I included a cover letter saying what was in the package. I did not use a binder (too heavy).
3. We sent about 4-5 pages of scrapbook-style photos, with anywhere from 1-4 pics on each page. Each page corresponded to an event or a trip we had taken. Where applicable I also put air tickets, wedding invitations, etc. on the page.
4. I did not send the marriage certificate again.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 6:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

please, advise.
Four questions:

thanks in advance
1- we sent a statement from each roughly 6 month period for all the relevant long standing accounts. Was probably too much. Period covering start of PR status to current.
2-we sent a cover letter, one page. Everything clipped together with bulldog clips. The list was mainly to help me include everything.
3-no photos! We're photo phobic I guess.
4-we didn't include it---the marriage fact has already been established via I-130 and the visa interview. You'll need for N-400 though (always copies---originals to interview).

Good luck!
Old Jul 7th 2006, 8:45 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

1: We included a couple of bills and statements from early on in our marriage, and then a couple more from just before submitting our package.

2: We included a cover letter stating what was in our package.

3: No pics for us as one of us is photo-phobic also!!

4: We didn't include our marriage certificate this time either.

We're still awaiting approval from TSC, so we don't know if we missed anything or submitted too little evidence.

Kate. xxx
Old Jul 7th 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Thank you guys for your responses,

I have one more question:

Is it ok to punch holes on I-751 form (two holes on the top) in order to attach it to the rest of papers?
Also, we lived in two different addresses since becoming LPR, do we need to attach a separate paper with the list of addresses, or is it ok to write on I-751 itself, like between the lines where it asks if you lived at different address since becoming LPR?
thank you
Old Jul 7th 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also,
how do you attach passport size photos to the rest of papers? Can you put them in envelope and punch two holes on the envelope, and attach to the rest using paper fasteners like on the picture?
Attached Thumbnails 4 questions on I-751, advise please-eb032828_paper-fastener-2-3-4-base-2-cap-tempered-steel.gif  
Old Jul 8th 2006, 2:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Also,
how do you attach passport size photos to the rest of papers? Can you put them in envelope and punch two holes on the envelope, and attach to the rest using paper fasteners like on the picture?
Try putting the passport photos in a clear plastic sandwich baggie, and clipping it to all your other documents.

Rene
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Rene, thats a great idea!
thank you
Originally Posted by Noorah101
Try putting the passport photos in a clear plastic sandwich baggie, and clipping it to all your other documents.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2006, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Couple more questions:

When we send the list of addresses that we lived since becoming permament resident, do we staple it to the I-751? is it ok to staple it?

Also, I read here that someone put his/her A# on each piece of paper sent in (like in the corner, and highlited it, i think) together with their I-751, do you think thats a good idea?
thanks again
Old Jul 16th 2006, 3:52 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

please, advise.
Four questions:

thanks in advance
This is just my personal opinion.

Answer to:
1) At least a couple from the time you received the I-130 and include one most recent statement. Statements in joint names are arguably stronger evidence than a statement in one name.
2) It is your personal choice. If you send a lot of stuff, a cover letter would be helpful. I didn't send a cover letter but I sent about 8 pieces of evidence with my I-751.
3) Entirely up to you. Don't send more than a few and if possible, send photos that include the date of the snapshot.
4) What does it say in the I-751 instructions? It's unlikely that you'd be asked to send in an original of your marriage certificate. Again, read the I-751 instructions carefully.

NC Penguin
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you guys for your responses,

I have another question (sorry), do we need to include copy of my social security card and passport copy?
Also, do you think it is a good idea to use highlighter to highlight both names on bills and statements?
thanks a lot in advance!