Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

2nd NOA for K-3 approval - Now how to get packet#3 and set appt with

Wikiposts

2nd NOA for K-3 approval - Now how to get packet#3 and set appt with

Old Oct 22nd 2001, 4:39 am
Scott

Just received 2nd NOA for K-3 petition approval. Now do we just wait for the Moscow
Consulate to mail the package #3 with appt date????? Do I need to call or send an
email to the Moscow Consulate to get the packet#3 and reqest an interiew date???? I
will be visiting my wife for a week during semester break from school and will be in
Moscow....... can we stop by one of the fedex locations and pick up packet #3 and set
appointment?????? or can I goto Moscow Embassy and pick up packet #3 and set
apppintment??????? What do I do????? best way to pick up information packet#3 and set
appointment?????? anybody know????????

Thanks, Scotty

Old Oct 22nd 2001, 4:44 am
Ranjini

Scott, I would love to see your timeline, as I'm sure would many others!! TIA Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 22nd 2001, 1:20 pm
Steve Hubbard

Moscow will send out packet #3 which is an I-693 (or so I'm told) Medical Affidavit
and an appointment date card...What was your Time Line leading up to this
approval?...I am in the same boat having just filed our K-3....

Stay Frosty, Shubb

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 11:33 am
Clark

I spoke with the Moscow embassy today (10/23/01) they do not have a process in place
for the K3 and do not know when they will. They said call back in a month or two.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 12:27 pm
Michael Voight

Clark wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

Why waste time with the K3 when you can DCF the I-130?

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 2:55 pm
Ranjini

I think that's a load of BS. Just go ahead and file. I'm sure they will have the
instructions by the time they get the approved petition. I think you probably talked
to someone who was not sufficiently well informed (probably a telephone operator).
Because the K3 was introduced very recently Ranjini

>
process
    >
a
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Just received 2nd NOA for K-3 petition approval. Now do we just wait for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Moscow Consulate to mail the package #3 with appt date????? Do I need to call or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > send an email to the Moscow Consulate to get the packet#3 and reqest an interiew[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > date???? I will be visiting my wife for a week during semester break from school[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and will be in Moscow....... can we stop by one of the fedex locations and pick[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > up packet #3 and set appointment?????? or can I goto Moscow Embassy and pick up[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > packet #3 and set apppintment??????? What do I do????? best way to pick up[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > information packet#3 and set appointment?????? anybody know????????[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks, Scotty[/usenetquote2]

Old Oct 23rd 2001, 3:27 pm
Scott

INS has guidelines for K-3 and is accepting and processing K-3 petitions; So what
the Customer Service Representative handing inbound calls for the US Moscow Embassy
said about not processing K-3s is misguided information and apparently the Customer
Service Reps taking Embassy calls are not up to date on the current regulations. If
they did not have a proceedure in place, INS would not be processing these via
Chicago. I was notified by mail from INS last Saturday that I have an approved
petition (2nd NOA). I emailed the Embassy and they sent me a reply and said that
when they get my appoved I-129F/K-3 petition from the INS that an interview date
can be set.

Ranjini wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I spoke with the Moscow embassy today (10/23/01) they do not have a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > in place for the K3 and do not know when they will. They said call back in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > month or two.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Just received 2nd NOA for K-3 petition approval. Now do we just wait for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Moscow Consulate to mail the package #3 with appt date????? Do I need to call[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > or send an email to the Moscow Consulate to get the packet#3 and reqest an[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > interiew date???? I will be visiting my wife for a week during semester break[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > from school and will be in Moscow....... can we stop by one of the fedex[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > locations and pick up packet #3 and set appointment?????? or can I goto Moscow[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Embassy and pick up packet #3 and set apppintment??????? What do I do????? best[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > way to pick up information packet#3 and set appointment?????? anybody[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > know????????[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks, Scotty[/usenetquote2]

Old Oct 24th 2001, 12:50 am
Betastar

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I think part of the problem here is INS versus Consulate. The INS has procedures for
the K-3, but perhaps not all Consulates have their procedures set yet?

Remember, they are two distinct and different parts of the government.