Reload this Page >

221(g) and Courier-In Authorization certificate

221(g) and Courier-In Authorization certificate

Old Jul 21st 2014, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

ISparkle is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 221(g) and Courier-In Authorization certificate

Hey everyone,

I've been a long-time lurker and often visited for advise throughout the process of my K1.

I had my interview last week (17/07/2014), everything went very well, however my fiance and I and have been asked to provide an updated "intent to marry" as our last signed letter is a year old.

My fiance airmailed the newly signed letter via FedEx with high priority and it's arrived today (21/07/14). I had been hoping to drop off my passport and the letter with the courier tomorrow, however I am unable to find the "View Courier Receipt" option on the print instructions page and therefore I'm unable to print the "Courier-In Authorization Certificate."

I, my fiance and flatmates have all looked at the page today and none of us can find it. Has anyone else had an experience of this kind? Could it just be a case of my application profile not being updated yet?

Thanks!

Danni.

Last edited by ISparkle; Jul 21st 2014 at 6:13 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Julie_B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 221(g) and Courier-In Authorization certificate

Hi Danni,

I have exactly the same problem, please can you let me know how you resolved it? thanks
Old Jul 27th 2014, 10:26 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried phoning the courier company?
Old Jul 28th 2014, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

UPDATE: This morning I received a couple of automated emails after I used the Embassy contact form on their website, both saying something along the lines of:

A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that follow-up actions are required for the following applicant(s).

Immediately went to my account to see that it was asking to register my interview location again. I did as it asked, it then recognised I had already been to my interview. Then went to the print instructions page and found the 'View Courier-in receipt' button at the bottom of the page on the right hand side. So glad to have this sorted.

I did call the courier. Although very helpful and sincere about my predicament, they can't do very much. They can draw up another courier-in certificate, however, you risk being charged by The Embassy again if they do so. I was told it could be £30 or more for important documents.

At this point my advice would be to use the consulates' contact form, state your case number, and explain the situation: U.S. Embassy London Visa Unit - Contact Form | Embassy of the United States

It took them five working days to get back to me. Normally their emails have ended up in my spam box, so be weary of that too!

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 4th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Julie_B is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you so much! it did help, I emailed them and it was sorted within a day.
I couriered my information back to the embassy a week ago.
Any idea on how long it will take for my visa to come? I haven't had an email with any update and not sure exactly how to check my visa status?

thanks
Old Aug 4th 2014, 1:34 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julie_B
thank you so much! it did help, I emailed them and it was sorted within a day.
I couriered my information back to the embassy a week ago.
Any idea on how long it will take for my visa to come? I haven't had an email with any update and not sure exactly how to check my visa status?

thanks
Check your status on CEAC. Visas are being delayed by the system crash, anecdotally 2 weeks is being reported for immigrant visas. I haven't seen any reports on non-immigrant (not sure which visa you've applied for).
Old Aug 7th 2014, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

My documents arrived at the Embassy on the 29th July and my status was stuck in administrative processing until Monday 4th August. Today (7th July) I received notice that everything had been released and would be at my selected courier location within 24 to 48 hours. Yay!
Old Aug 7th 2014, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ISparkle
My documents arrived at the Embassy on the 29th July and my status was stuck in administrative processing until Monday 4th August.
This must be some new meaning of the word "stuck" that I wasn't previously aware of! Some people have been in AP for months and years... they were stuck! Yours was normal processing.

Today (7th July)...
You mean August, right?

I received notice that everything had been released and would be at my selected courier location within 24 to 48 hours.
Excellent!

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2014, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This must be some new meaning of the word "stuck" that I wasn't previously aware of! Some people have been in AP for months and years... they were stuck! Yours was normal processing.
In hindsight, yes, perhaps "stuck" was the wrong word to use. I wrote my response under the impression that AP is an additional process to a normal issuance of a visa. Thank you for the correction.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

You mean August, right?

Yes, August! It would seem I'm still stuck in July.