Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:44 pm
Effie

Default 2 year wedding anniversary coming up

Hey all,
I haven't visited this board in over a year. My husband entered the
US on K-1 Visa (successfully, thanks to the help I received from you
all), and we were married on May 30, 2001. The k1faq.com site seems
to be broken, and I can't get any useful information from the
INS/USCIS site (nor could I ever in the past).

My question: What are we supposed to do 90 days before our 2nd
wedding anniversary? I know we're supposed to lift the conditional
status, but I don't know if that means mailing something in, or
visiting the INS office, etc. Can someone please point me in the
right direction, or tell me where I can find good resources?

Thanks,
Effie

Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2 year wedding anniversary coming up

Originally posted by Effie
The k1faq.com site seems to be broken
Effie

You can access the k1faq.com site through this link now:
http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/k1faq.htm

Old Nov 6th 2003, 2:56 pm
Andy Platt

You don't do anything 90 days prior to the 2nd wedding anniversary. If you
have been granted conditional permanent residence you file the I-751 to
remove conditions some time prior to the 2nd anniversary of becoming a
permanent resident (and you can file from 90 days prior to that date).

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

"Effie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hey all,
    > I haven't visited this board in over a year. My husband entered the
    > US on K-1 Visa (successfully, thanks to the help I received from you
    > all), and we were married on May 30, 2001. The k1faq.com site seems
    > to be broken, and I can't get any useful information from the
    > INS/USCIS site (nor could I ever in the past).
    > My question: What are we supposed to do 90 days before our 2nd
    > wedding anniversary? I know we're supposed to lift the conditional
    > status, but I don't know if that means mailing something in, or
    > visiting the INS office, etc. Can someone please point me in the
    > right direction, or tell me where I can find good resources?
    > Thanks,
    > Effie

Old Nov 6th 2003, 3:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing ;-) The second wedding anniversary means nothing after the adjustment has been completed. It only is meaningful at the time of adjustment as having the interview and being approved prior to the second anniversary makes you a CPR and having it approved after the second anniversary makes you a LPR.

A CPR must file for removal of conditions before the expiration of the 2 year green card. USCIS allows you to file the I-751 up to 90 days before that expiration date.

For example, my husband's greencard expired 8/11/02 and he/we filed for removal of conditions May 18, 2002. He was a CPR since our approval date for AOS was a month before our second wedding anniversary.

The link for the FAQ is: http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/

Note it is not updated any longer as the person who is housing it is doing just that: housing it and not maintaining it.

Rete

Originally posted by Effie
Hey all,
I haven't visited this board in over a year. My husband entered the
US on K-1 Visa (successfully, thanks to the help I received from you
all), and we were married on May 30, 2001. The k1faq.com site seems
to be broken, and I can't get any useful information from the
INS/USCIS site (nor could I ever in the past).

My question: What are we supposed to do 90 days before our 2nd
wedding anniversary? I know we're supposed to lift the conditional
status, but I don't know if that means mailing something in, or
visiting the INS office, etc. Can someone please point me in the
right direction, or tell me where I can find good resources?

Thanks,
Effie
Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
Nothing ;-) The second wedding anniversary means nothing after the adjustment has been completed. It only is meaningful at the time of adjustment as having the interview and being approved prior to the second anniversary makes you a CPR and having it approved after the second anniversary makes you a LPR.

A CPR must file for removal of conditions before the expiration of the 2 year green card. USCIS allows you to file the I-751 up to 90 days before that expiration date.

For example, my husband's greencard expired 8/11/02 and he/we filed for removal of conditions May 18, 2002. He was a CPR since our approval date for AOS was a month before our second wedding anniversary.

The link for the FAQ is: http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/

Note it is not updated any longer as the person who is housing it is doing just that: housing it and not maintaining it.

Rete
Hi Rete!

Just curious of your statement on top about the 2nd year wedding anniversary.

Our situation is this: We were interviewed for AOS last March and was told we were approved. But until now never heard from BCIS Miami on when I gonna go there for the stamp. Now it passed our 2nd yr wedding anniversary, what does it mean now? Can I possibly demand on my stamp, conditional card or something? I'm getting frustrated about the whole situation right now.

Please shed some light. Thanks!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by princess_fiona
Hi Rete!

Just curious of your statement on top about the 2nd year wedding anniversary.

Our situation is this: We were interviewed for AOS last March and was told we were approved. But until now never heard from BCIS Miami on when I gonna go there for the stamp. Now it passed our 2nd yr wedding anniversary, what does it mean now? Can I possibly demand on my stamp, conditional card or something? I'm getting frustrated about the whole situation right now.

Please shed some light. Thanks!
Think first you have to shed some light. You were approved at the time of the interview but the interviewer did not give you the I-551 stamp? If not, why? You might not have actually been approved on that date if you didn't get the stamp. No stamp as per your post and you are waiting to get notification to get the stamp. You can't demand a stamp unless you have proof you've been approved. DO you have an attorney or were you a do-it-yourselfer like us? If no attorney, then go there and see what your status is. If approved find out for what ... conditional or non-conditional and get the I-551 while you are there. If not approved, find out what the hold up is.

Rete
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
Think first you have to shed some light. You were approved at the time of the interview but the interviewer did not give you the I-551 stamp? If not, why? You might not have actually been approved on that date if you didn't get the stamp. No stamp as per your post and you are waiting to get notification to get the stamp. You can't demand a stamp unless you have proof you've been approved. DO you have an attorney or were you a do-it-yourselfer like us? If no attorney, then go there and see what your status is. If approved find out for what ... conditional or non-conditional and get the I-551 while you are there. If not approved, find out what the hold up is.

Rete
Thanks for the response Rete. When we were interviewed the officer told us we are approved and everything was ok (but didn't get any approval notice) But...she sent me for another fingerprinting because according to her the first one was expired already. It's the security background check thingy that they're doing now. The officer told us to wait in 2 months for the notice to appear in the office for the stamp. That was in March 2003 and until now never heard from them.

I came down to check on the status last June 2003 and our case was still with the officer. The officer that day sent a inter-office memo asking that officer that I wanted to know the status of our case. He told me we'll hear from them in 2 months.

I did called FBI headquarter and they told me the result was sent long time ago. Next week I'll try to check on the status again (my 2nd try). I even wrote a letter to our state senator and received a response that they'll check on it.

Btw, we did the processing ourselves. Thanks again and have a good day!