2 Quick Questions..

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Quick Questions..

Kris,

I stand corrected.

I agree with your interpretation of DS-2000 (the document on the web page that you reference) - it's quite clear, really, your mother and father should both sign the affidavit of support.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by MissKris81
Jeff,

I plan on doing that with the I-864, but since the tax returns aren't a requirement of the I-134 I'm not gonna bother with the W-2 and 1099 forms. I am going to base her income on her employment letter/bank information.

Even though I don't see why I would need my father to sign since we're not using his income or information from their tax return, I was just under the impression that he still needed to sign regardless. I got that impression from reading the last paragraph on this page:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...faffidavit.htm

I'm dealing with London obviously, so I'm wondering if anyone was specifically asked for any tax returns to support their employment letter? I'm including a letter and pay stubs for both of us. Thanks

Oh and I don't really understand the whole head of household issue. My father's income is higher than my mothers, but since he works for the state of Florida and lives in Pennsylvania, dealing with HR is a bit of pain. We figured if my mother meets the requirement, there's really no reason for us to use him even though he makes more. Thanks for the replies!