1st NOA question

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1st NOA question

I know that this topic was discussed earlier, but I didn't really read the posts on that thread.

Which is the correct date? The 1 on the 1st NOA receipt or the 1 online?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1st NOA question

Originally posted by goldrush
I know that this topic was discussed earlier, but I didn't really read the posts on that thread.

My letter in the mail says 8/6 and online it says 8/7. When I asked my congressional rep to help me they wrote back to him stating that my case will be processed in 60 to 90 days and that I was within that time frame because my receipt date was 8/6. Therefore I would say the receipt date in the mail is more accurate as the correct date because the date on the internet is probably typed in by a data entry clerk after the receipt is created. The data entry clerk is probably doing that all day long and really doesn't care if they mistype something.

You would think the dates would all be tied in together with todays technology but we all know that's not the case with BCIS. In reality in this day and age all our security checks should take a day because if Homeland security actually did what they want to do all systems should be tied together. For example with our social security numbers alone BCIS officers should be able to pull up our FBI, IRS and any other records they need within a few minutes. Maybe someday it will be like this but then who will answer the 800 number and tell us nothing.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:47 am
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1st NOA question

Originally posted by goldrush

You can use the search engine on this board if you need a second chance to read previous posts.