Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

129F processing time at NBC slow?

129F processing time at NBC slow?

Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:27 pm
zeo
BE Enthusiast

zeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 129F processing time at NBC slow?

I just saw the most recent update on the NBC and they are processing applications from Jan. 14, update before that was Jan. 8th. Which means it is taking 18 days for them to process 6 calendar days worth of applications. My 129F application was received April 1. Based on their current procesing times it will take by December before they approve the 129F!(8 months) then to NVC and consulate. So I am looking at almost a YEAR!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:41 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 129F processing time at NBC slow?

Originally posted by zeo
Based on their current procesing times
Why would you try to project an approval date based on their current processing times? That isn't likely going to be accurate, will likely give you unrealistic expectations, and is obviously causing you concern at this moment.

The only thing you can use the report for is to determine if the case is likely off of the shelf and with an officer, and a realistic "overdue" date.

They don't always keep the same pace when it comes to processing. No Service Center does.

Good luck with your case.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:49 pm
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Why would you try to project an approval date based on their current processing times? That isn't likely going to be accurate, will likely give you unrealistic expectations, and is obviously causing you concern at this moment.

The only thing you can use the report for is to determine if the case is likely off of the shelf and with an officer, and a realistic "overdue" date.

They don't always keep the same pace when it comes to processing. No Service Center does.

Good luck with your case.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Very good point but look at this:

current date UCIS processing dates
March 25th Jan 08th, 2004

April 8th Jan 14th, 2004

April 25th Jan 20th, 2004

May 12th Jan 26th, 2004

May 29th Feb 01st, 2004

June 15th Feb 07st, 2004

July 01st Feb 13st, 2004

July 18th Feb 19th, 2004

Aug 4th Feb 25st, 2004

Aug 21st Mar 03rd, 2004

Sept 08th Mar 10th, 2004

Oct 12th Mar 22nd, 2004

Oct 29th Mar 28th, 2004 possible approval date

so my calculation could be wrong and UCIS could speed up? So can i still expect up to 6 months for my wife to come?
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:52 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by zeo
So can i still expect up to 6 months for my wife to come?
You will be able to answer that question after the visa issuing date is known. A line (including a timeline) is defined by two points, and right now, you only have one of the two.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 1:51 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

You will be able to answer that question after the visa issuing date is known. A line (including a timeline) is defined by two points, and right now, you only have one of the two.

you are correct a line is two points, but have you seen the UCIS ever increase its rate of speed? Currently it is 18 days to process 6 days worth of cases.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:02 am
Banned

Originally posted by zeo
have you seen the UCIS ever increase its rate of speed?
Yes, and I've also seen it slow down. Happens all the time for a wide variety of reasons.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:26 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Yes, and I've also seen it slow down. Happens all the time for a wide variety of reasons.
So what do you predict it will get worse or get better?
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:28 am
Banned

Originally posted by zeo
So what do you predict it will get worse or get better?
I don't think giving you a wild guess is going to be helpful, so I won't.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:30 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

I don't think giving you a wild guess is going to be helpful, so I won't.
so basically all i can do is nothing but wait.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:48 am
Banned

Originally posted by zeo
so basically all i can do is nothing but wait.
Well, yes, you will be waiting, but you can also keep monitoring the reports and if your case becomes overdue, than start rattling some cages at the Service Center.

Oh, and if you have a valid reason to ask for an expedite, you could always give that a try however please only make that request if warranted. Making a frivolous expedite request might actually slow down "your" case, and it will more than likely slow down the evaluation of others people's expedite requests who truly deserve an expedite.

Search under "expedite criteria" on this site to find my old postings where I list the expedite criteria.

I wish I could tell you more.

Good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:50 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Well, yes, you will be waiting, but you can also keep monitoring the reports and if your case becomes overdue, than start rattling some cages at the Service Center.

Oh, and if you have a valid reason to ask for an expedite, you could always give that a try however please only make that request if warranted. Making a frivolous expedite request might actually slow down "your" case, and it will more than likely slow down the evaluation of others people's expedite requests who truly deserve an expedite.

Search under "expedite criteria" on this site to find my old postings where I list the expedite criteria.

I wish I could tell you more.

Good luck.

how do i know when it becomes overdue? my receipt notice says it takes 60 - 180 days to process this application for the I-129F but the website tells me 60-90 days for them to process this application which one is correct? My case is at MSC.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 4:41 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by zeo
how do i know when it becomes overdue? my receipt notice says it takes 60 - 180 days to process this application for the I-129F but the website tells me 60-90 days for them to process this application which one is correct? My case is at MSC.
Hi:

The numbers on the NOA's are to be given as much credance as you would normally give to any other piece of fiction.

As for the web-site dates: the old computer phrase of RTFM is in order. They tell you.

If you are wondering why the difference between the treatment of the NOA date estimates and the on-line ones -- will the on-line ones are based upon a piece of "hard" data -- what is the newest filing date still "on the shelf" awaiting going to the floor. The NOA estimates are, as I mentioned, fictional.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 4:43 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The numbers on the NOA's are to be given as much credance as you would normally give to any other piece of fiction.

As for the web-site dates: the old computer phrase of RTFM is in order. They tell you.

If you are wondering why the difference between the treatment of the NOA date estimates and the on-line ones -- will the on-line ones are based upon a piece of "hard" data -- what is the newest filing date still "on the shelf" awaiting going to the floor. The NOA estimates are, as I mentioned, fictional.
I had no clue what you just said. So which is correct the website dates or the receipt notice?
Old Apr 15th 2004, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Why would you try to project an approval date based on their current processing times?
Because it is logical.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 5:55 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
Because it is logical.
what's logical?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.