Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

129-Fs who got RFEs: List of what you submitted & what got requested?

Wikiposts

129-Fs who got RFEs: List of what you submitted & what got requested?

Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:31 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default RFE arrived

Alright, this is an update for those who are interested. After days of stalking the mailbox, my RFE finally arrived!!! What a relief! It's a very threatening-looking green letter. One sheet says in big bold letters that I'd better place it on top of all the documents that I send with my reply or else I'll be very sorry. So what did they want? Just what I had thought. There are two items checked in the list (yes, the just have to check off a box or two from a list, no actual letter-writing involved, no work at all, amazing!).

The first item says: Please submit a marriage certificate issued by civil authorities for you and your spouse, bla bla bla....

The second item checked: We need a copy of your marriage certificate in its original language. You submitted a translation.

So I guess all this trouble is because I only sent them the translated copy. I'm going to go ahead and send them a copy of the original and the translation (again, in case they decide to be nasty). No mention at all of the N/A that I wrote instead of "none." I'm wondering, should I include an explanation for this anyway? I've got this creepy idea in my mind that the person who sent this RFE never got around to actually reading the petition, and when he/she does, I'll just get another RFE. The marriage certificate does say that neither of us had been married before, but it's two lengthy pages long and I wonder if they will actually read it. Any suggestions?

And BTW, for the $110 fee paid along with the petition, there's not even a return envelope provided for our convenience. Cheapskates!!!

-Heba

Last edited by Hebapotamus42; Oct 14th 2003 at 6:34 am.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:39 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RFE arrived

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Alright, this is an update for those who are interested. After days of stalking the mailbox, my RFE finally arrived!!! What a relief! It's a very threatening-looking green letter. One sheet says in big bold letters that I'd better place it on top of all the documents that I send with my reply or else I'll be very sorry. So what did they want? Just what I had thought. There are two items checked in the list (yes, the just have to check off a box or two from a list, no actual letter-writing involved, no work at all, amazing!).

Wow! That wasn't so bad. Are you still thinking about the begging for mercy letter? LOL

I'm glad at least now you know and can deal with it.

Leslie

The first item says: Please submit a marriage certificate issued by civil authorities for you and your spouse, bla bla bla....

The second item checked: We need a copy of your marriage certificate in its original language. You submitted a translation.

So I guess all this trouble is because I only sent them the translated copy. I'm going to go ahead and send them a copy of the original and the translation (again, in case they decide to be nasty). No mention at all of the N/A that I wrote instead of "none." I'm wondering, should I include an explanation for this anyway? I've got this creepy idea in my mind that the person who sent this RFE never got around to actually reading the petition, and when he/she does, I'll just get another RFE. The marriage certificate does say that neither of us had been married before, but it's two lengthy pages long and I wonder if they will actually read it. Any suggestions?

And BTW, for the $110 fee paid along with the petition, there's not even a return envelope provided for our convenience. Cheapskates!!!

-Heba
Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:42 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66

I don't know what happened to my first post.

Heba,

I care and I've been wondering about your RFE. Wow, that wasn't so bad. At least now you know and can deal with it quickly.

Leslie
Old Oct 14th 2003, 6:51 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
I don't know what happened to my first post.

Heba,

I care and I've been wondering about your RFE. Wow, that wasn't so bad. At least now you know and can deal with it quickly.

Leslie
Leslie, your reply got mingled with Heba's post for some reason in your first try. *shrug*

Heba, since not all of the officers make a fuss abou the N/A vs none thing, maybe you shouldn't mention it? They might feel bad about sending you a second RFE, too, who knows...*g* I mean, aren't they supposed to send the RFE after they've reviewed it all? If you get a second RFE, contact your rep and get him to call the congressional liaison...
Old Oct 14th 2003, 8:57 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
Leslie, your reply got mingled with Heba's post for some reason in your first try. *shrug*

Heba, since not all of the officers make a fuss abou the N/A vs none thing, maybe you shouldn't mention it? They might feel bad about sending you a second RFE, too, who knows...*g* I mean, aren't they supposed to send the RFE after they've reviewed it all? If you get a second RFE, contact your rep and get him to call the congressional liaison...
I guess I'm going to just send what they asked for. I'm getting too paranoid for my own good.

Leslie, no word yet from the NVC???

-Heba
Old Oct 14th 2003, 9:51 am
WTF?

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
I guess I'm going to just send what they asked for. I'm getting too paranoid for my own good.

Leslie, no word yet from the NVC???

-Heba

Hi Heba,

Not yet. I making myself wait until next week before I even start checking. Otherwise I'll drive myself crazy. LOL

Leslie