Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

129-Fs who got RFEs: List of what you submitted & what got requested?

Wikiposts

129-Fs who got RFEs: List of what you submitted & what got requested?

Old Oct 9th 2003, 1:40 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Default 129-Fs who got RFEs: List of what you submitted & what got requested?

Cuz I'm paranoid.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 11:36 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 129-Fs who got RFEs: List of what you submitted & what got requested?

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
Cuz I'm paranoid.

My RFE requested further proof that my better half and I had met within the least 2 years, apparently the fact that we lived together wasnt enough.
We sent dated photos, photocopies of both of our passports showing us in the Bahamas together <we both got extensions on our Bahamas stay which was entered into our passports>, ticket stubs from flights we had taken together to the Bahamas and Hawaii, letters from friends/family, hotel receipts in both of our names in various places, joint financial statements.

We are hoping that will be enough. To be honest, cant really imagine how it couldn't be enough.

As people constantly say on here, just be patient and all will be well.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:56 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 129-Fs who got RFEs: List of what you submitted & what got requested?

Cuz I'm paranoid.
The trend seems to be for fiance visas they want more proof of relationship.

Since you are a K3 the wedding certificate already shows proof of your relationship. What I've seen (not experienced) RFE's for K3 are usually some nit-picky things like a certified copy of a divorce decree instead of a photo-copy, some of which is at the discretion of whoever is processing your file.

If you dotted your I's and crossed your T's you should be fine.

Good Luck

Leslie
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:22 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Cuz I'm paranoid.
Hi.

It appears you're applying for a K3. MSC sent me an RFE yesterday, so when it arrives, I'll let you know what they're asking for. Don't be so paranoid. I was so convinced I wouldn't get thru this without an RFE, and look where that got me.

-Heba
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:48 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Hi.

It appears you're applying for a K3. MSC sent me an RFE yesterday, so when it arrives, I'll let you know what they're asking for. Don't be so paranoid. I was so convinced I wouldn't get thru this without an RFE, and look where that got me.

-Heba
Oh no Heba. That's terrible. What do you think it is?
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:55 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Leslie66
Oh no Heba. That's terrible. What do you think it is?

It could be any number of things. Maybe they lost something. I know I didn't leave anything out, except that I sent only a copy of the translated marriage certificate, not the original one. I didn't have it at the time and I figured they wouldn't care for it anyway since it was in a foreign language. And then I also put N/A for prior spouses (how dumb), but in the marriage certificate it says that neither of were married before, so maybe they didn't read it. But just watch the actual reason be something I totally didn't expect.

-Heba
Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:06 am
WTF?

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
It could be any number of things. Maybe they lost something. I know I didn't leave anything out, except that I sent only a copy of the translated marriage certificate, not the original one. I didn't have it at the time and I figured they wouldn't care for it anyway since it was in a foreign language. And then I also put N/A for prior spouses (how dumb), but in the marriage certificate it says that neither of were married before, so maybe they didn't read it. But just watch the actual reason be something I totally didn't expect.

-Heba

I sent both copies the original and the translated one. But that's why it took me two months to even get started. We were married May 6, but it took Khalid a long time and a lot of travelling all over Morocco to get me all the stuff I needed and get it translated. So I didn't get an RFE, but I had to wait two months before I even started the process.

I'm sorry about your delay. Whatever it is I'm sure you'll get it cleaned up quickly.

Leslie
Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:27 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

We supplied divorce papers, and the correct ones too, but the RFE was for Kurt's divorce paper: we were not sure what they found wrong with it, maybe the photocopy didn't come out clear enough? But we weren't taking any chances, so he ran down to the County Courthouse and requested a new certified copy, and submitted that original. It worked and we were approved within a few days.

Debbie
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:25 am
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Our RFE was because I apparently fell for the old mistake of putting N/A instead of none when asked to list previous spouses. doh
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:03 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Ok, from your responses, here are possible problems if we get a picky person.

We put "n/a" for his info under "names of prior wives."

Also, we didn't send a *certified* copy of my divorce papers (or the court papers about my name change after the divorce). But the instructions say you can just send copies... *sigh*

Hopefully we won't get an RFE. Anyone know the average amount of extra time that an RFE adds on (assuming you can get your evidence quickly n all)?
Old Oct 10th 2003, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, we didn't send a *certified* copy of my divorce papers (or the court papers about my name change after the divorce). But the instructions say you can just send copies... *sigh*

Hopefully we won't get an RFE. Anyone know the average amount of extra time that an RFE adds on (assuming you can get your evidence quickly n all)?
You forgot just garden variety BCIS stupidity as a cause.

I was RFE'd for a missing divorce decree - which would have been fine except that was already included in my beautifully assembled Acco fastened K-1 application.

In my case, my approval was 1 week after they acknowledged receiving my RFE response (another copy of the same decree they already had). This was CSC, back in late March. CSC at that time was pretty speedy but there were a couple of cases that went on quite a time.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

You forgot just garden variety BCIS stupidity as a cause.

I was RFE'd for a missing divorce decree - which would have bene fine except that was already included in my beautifully assembled Acco fastened K-1 application.

In my case, my approval was 1 week after they acknowledged receiving my RFE response (another copy of the same decree they already had). This was CSC, back in late March. CSC at that time was pretty speedy but there were a couple of cases that went on quite a time.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:12 pm
Foie Gras

I also put in a copy of my translated marriage certificate (both Urdu &
English).
Now it says that the translations have to be certified..........so I hope
the embossed stamps on both copies are good enough for them. As for putting
N/A for prior spouses.......I did that too at first........but after reading
this forum.......was lucky enough to change it in time before I sent it out.

Shahid.

"Hebapotamus42" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > It could be any number of things. Maybe they lost something. I
    > :know I didn't leave anything out, except that I sent only a copy of the
    > :translated marriage certificate, not the original one. I didn't have
    > :it at the time and I figured they wouldn't care for it anyway since it
    > :was in a foreign language. And then I also put N/A for prior spouses
    > how dumb), but in the marriage certificate it says that neither of
    > :were married before, so maybe they didn't read it. But just watch the
    > :actual reason be something I totally didn't expect.
    > -Heba
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:00 pm
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N/A

Alright guys...Now please explain something to me....In the form instructions for the I-129F, in paragraph 2C it is clearly stated:

'Answer all questions fully and accurately. If any items does not not apply, please write "N/A" '

(Yes, they do say "not not".)

So now what's that about writing "NONE" for previous spouses if we haven't been married before???? I wrote "N/A", since that's what they SAY to write!!!! Man, if I get a RFE for that, my congressman's gonna hear about it...

Last edited by JoshsCarole; Oct 11th 2003 at 7:01 am.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: N/A

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
Alright guys...Now please explain something to me....In the form instructions for the I-129F, in paragraph 2C it is clearly stated:

'Answer all questions fully and accurately. If any items does not not not apply, please write "N/A" '

(Yes, they do say "not not".)

So now what's that about writing "NONE" for previous spouses if we haven't been married before???? I wrote "N/A", since that's what they SAY to write!!!! Man, if I get a RFE for that, my congressman's gonna hear about it...
The devil is in the phrase "does not apply". All questions apply to you unless the question specifically gives YOU the option of deciding if it applies. Those questions are always phrased "If.....then.....", indicating that you first have to decide whether you meet the criteria for the question having to be answered. Those are the ONLY questions to which you can put "Not Applicable". The question about previous spouses isn't one of those questions.

We had a rather thorough discussion of the linguistics of the "None-N/A" problem a couple of times on the NG over the months I've been on the NG. It's a frustrating subject, to be sure, and if I had gotten RFE'd for it I'd feel like the person was being anal retentive too - but at least technically, BCIS is right .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.