Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

:( 1 day only processed for k3!!!! :(

Wikiposts

:( 1 day only processed for k3!!!! :(

Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:25 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: :( 1 day only processed for k3!!!! :(

Originally posted by lpdiver
Guess again. I filed with the TSC. I-130 first NOA 6 AUG. 04 It looks like five more months as of yesterdays update. The K-3 brough my wife and I together in 7 months., it looks like the I-130 would do that in about 16 months if lucky.

Time will tell.

Tony

I was lucky enough to get my K3 in 5 months.. If I had to wait for my I-130 to get approved.. I would have died of disgust
NSC.. needs to hurry up!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:44 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I was lucky enough to get my K3 in 5 months.. If I had to wait for my I-130 to get approved.. I would have died of disgust
NSC.. needs to hurry up!!
It is as Tony said all the luck of the draw. I said it before and I'll say it again it is a seesaw process. Would I have wanted to wait 20 months until our 130 was approved (that still doesn't take unto account the final AOS or immigrant visa part of it) or wait for the K3? Also if I were a PR and not a USC, the 130 would be the only avenue open to me.
If you look at the history of NBC you will see that they started slowing down on the K3s last summer and the EADs last fall. THAT was also when the 130s were (with the exception of VSC) giving a 18-22 month timeframe for approvals.
It is not so much as having a quicker processing time Tweeks, (forgive me but you've filed your 130 not much over a year ago?) but an overhaul on policy is needed. ALL local offices should allow you to AOS without an approved 130, not just some.
I dare say putting more burden on NBC to process that which they were NOT originally set up to do has been a major contributor to the slowdown on what they WERE set up to do.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:53 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
It is as Tony said all the luck of the draw. I said it before and I'll say it again it is a seesaw process. Would I have wanted to wait 20 months until our 130 was approved (that still doesn't take unto account the final AOS or immigrant visa part of it) or wait for the K3? Also if I were a PR and not a USC, the 130 would be the only avenue open to me.
If you look at the history of NBC you will see that they started slowing down on the K3s last summer and the EADs last fall. THAT was also when the 130s were (with the exception of VSC) giving a 18-22 month timeframe for approvals.
It is not so much as having a quicker processing time Tweeks, (forgive me but you've filed your 130 not much over a year ago?) but an overhaul on policy is needed. ALL local offices should allow you to AOS without an approved 130, not just some.
I dare say putting more burden on NBC to process that which they were NOT originally set up to do has been a major contributor to the slowdown on what they WERE set up to do.

Hey Cindy

Sorry about my ranting. I know I filed my I-130 last September and to be honest I don't expect an approval until next summer, I feel the need to rant sometimes!!, everyone does

Take care!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Do you have any idea how long it takes for the Canadian government's bureaucracy to work in bringing a spouse to Canada? It makes the USCIS look good. It took my brother a year to get his Russian wife into Canada. A friend of my wife's married a Canadian about the same time we did. My wife has been here for 4 months - they are still waiting! So you are right - Russia, Colombia, Canada, USA - it's all BUREAUCRACY.

Originally posted by kebuchan
This is very frustrating... especially when one logs in on a daily basis and checks the status of (1) the specific case and (2) the processing dates! They've moved from Feb 6th to Feb 11th in the past month and a half.

I'm about ready to toss in the towel and live in Canada... my wife's the one who wants to live in the US (of course, given that she's from there).

I guess it's typical "government" bureaucracy, no matter what country's it's in.

K
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

No problema, Hyper, puedes gritar todo que quieres.

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Cindy

Sorry about my ranting. I know I filed my I-130 last September and to be honest I don't expect an approval until next summer, I feel the need to rant sometimes!!, everyone does

Take care!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:02 am

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
Do you have any idea how long it takes for the Canadian government's bureaucracy to work in bringing a spouse to Canada? It makes the USCIS look good. It took my brother a year to get his Russian wife into Canada. A friend of my wife's married a Canadian about the same time we did. My wife has been here for 4 months - they are still waiting! So you are right - Russia, Colombia, Canada, USA - it's all BUREAUCRACY.

Really?? wow!
I read somewhere that getting a work visa for Spain.. it's as lenghty as getting one for the US, don't know about bringing your spouse/fiancee over.
It is so hot!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:03 am

No problema, Hyper, puedes gritar todo que quieres.

Gracias!! pero ya he protestado suficiente por hoy
.. or maybe not.. when am I getting my EAD approval??
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

kebuchan is an unknown quantity at this point

2 coworkers of mine in Toronto got their wives over from Egypt and Italy in 5 weeks ,from filing to visa in hand so that's what I'm going on.

The other benefit is that we can both live legally in Canada, while my wife's papers are being processed. And she can go in and out freely without any issues.

I'm not a supporter of Canadain Immigration policies at all, I think they're horrible, if you're a criminal you get bumped to the top of the pile. That's why we have a bizzilion "Tamil Tigers" in Toronto, I have no idea how they got in but apparently they're all legal. They make the news almost daily with their criminal activity.

Sorry, Waay OT there :-)

Kevin
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

That is interesting because it does not match either my brother or my wife's friend's experience. I browsed some of the threads on the Canadian immigration forum here and it sounds similar to their experience - very long delays. Maybe their wives were Tamil Tigers !

Originally posted by kebuchan
2 coworkers of mine in Toronto got their wives over from Egypt and Italy in 5 weeks ,from filing to visa in hand so that's what I'm going on.

The other benefit is that we can both live legally in Canada, while my wife's papers are being processed. And she can go in and out freely without any issues.

I'm not a supporter of Canadain Immigration policies at all, I think they're horrible, if you're a criminal you get bumped to the top of the pile. That's why we have a bizzilion "Tamil Tigers" in Toronto, I have no idea how they got in but apparently they're all legal. They make the news almost daily with their criminal activity.

Sorry, Waay OT there :-)

Kevin
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:54 am
Tim Hortons' Addict

WretchedMidget is an unknown quantity at this point

That is interesting because it does not match either my brother or my wife's friend's experience. I browsed some of the threads on the Canadian immigration forum here and it sounds similar to their experience - very long delays. Maybe their wives were Tamil Tigers !
The Canadian process is *generally* 6 months from when they file until it's approved, from what I read when we were considering going that way.

The major difference is that the alien spouse has to get all of their documentation before sending in the petition (medical, police certificates) and the Canadian citizen has to pay the $1500 worth of fees and fill out the affadavit of support ahead of time too. This would be more time consuming in the beginning.. after that, it's all up to the CIS and eventually an interview (I think). They could have slow downs and stuff just like the USCIS, and for the most part it's a very similar process.

I won't say there aren't days that I wish we had done it that way, but who's to say we wouldn't have gotten the equivalent of an RFE for that too.. and it taken just as long? Or, they could have a slow down in the summer just as bad as MSC has. Neither system is perfect, unfortunately :/
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:36 am

Originally posted by WretchedMidget
The Canadian process is *generally* 6 months from when they file until it's approved, from what I read when we were considering going that way.

The major difference is that the alien spouse has to get all of their documentation before sending in the petition (medical, police certificates) and the Canadian citizen has to pay the $1500 worth of fees and fill out the affadavit of support ahead of time too. This would be more time consuming in the beginning.. after that, it's all up to the CIS and eventually an interview (I think). They could have slow downs and stuff just like the USCIS, and for the most part it's a very similar process.

I won't say there aren't days that I wish we had done it that way, but who's to say we wouldn't have gotten the equivalent of an RFE for that too.. and it taken just as long? Or, they could have a slow down in the summer just as bad as MSC has. Neither system is perfect, unfortunately :/

:scared::scared:
Old Jul 14th 2004, 3:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by zeo
The USCIS NBC/MSC only processed 1 day in today's update! This is BS!!!!! At this rate it will take over 1 year for my wife's case to be approved.
Glad to see you cut down your rantings of ME ME ME .... on this channel but sad to see you continue it elsewhere http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...pic=11162&st=0
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

acuario is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by zeo
The USCIS NBC/MSC only processed 1 day in today's update! This is BS!!!!!

At this rate it will take over 1 year for my wife's case to be approved.
Hi !
I've just surprisingly get approved my I-130 while I'm still waiting for the I-129f approval at the NBC. My I-130 NOA was from February 10th, and they're supposedly approving now January 5th ...

Shoud I be happy about it or not ? I don't know...
I'm in the US now...
should I finish the process here, or it would be faster to return to Spain and finish it there ?