Wikiposts

1-134

Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

muni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to all
Default 1-134

Hi
A quick question any advice would be greatly appreciated, have my interview for k1 in couple of weeks. i think nerves are kicking in way to early!

My fiance recieves disability which is not a problem (so our attorney tells us) i think the poverty guideline for Alaska is $22,762 for 2 people, he recieves a $1000, more than that, i am driving myself nuts thinking maybe we should have had a co-sponser lined up even though we where told it was not needed.

He also has savings put aside and i also have pre-paid medical insurance for 1 year, any thoughts on this would be good thanks again Abbie
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1-134

m,

Pretty close to the edge, the savings may be useful, so I would be sure to include them and document them.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by muni
Hi
A quick question any advice would be greatly appreciated, have my interview for k1 in couple of weeks. i think nerves are kicking in way to early!

My fiance recieves disability which is not a problem (so our attorney tells us) i think the poverty guideline for Alaska is $22,762 for 2 people, he recieves a $1000, more than that, i am driving myself nuts thinking maybe we should have had a co-sponser lined up even though we where told it was not needed.

He also has savings put aside and i also have pre-paid medical insurance for 1 year, any thoughts on this would be good thanks again Abbie
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:54 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

my mother was about 9k over the guidelines and they requested a new co sponsor.

my fiance was required to have prepaid 1 yrs medical that was NOT travel insurance....
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
my mother was about 9k over the guidelines and they requested a new co sponsor.

my fiance was required to have prepaid 1 yrs medical that was NOT travel insurance....
Your mother's affidavit was not clear concerning her income.

Your fiance has a medical history and you have no employment (usual source of health insurance).

One has to compare apples to apples.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

muni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies everyone
We do have documentation of the savings and my insurance is not travel insurance so i should be okay on that i hope
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Do you think it would be wise to get a co-sponser again our attorney seemed very confident that we did not need one.
Otherwise we would have got someone to do this for us by now
Thanks everyone for all your help
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:19 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think it would be wise to get a co-sponser again our attorney seemed very confident that we did not need one.
Otherwise we would have got someone to do this for us by now
Thanks everyone for all your help

I think it would wise to have one just in case and have the paper work at the interview in case it is asked, then maybe your SO could just produce them then and there.

In my case, the ConOff assumed my mother was supporting myself and my children, all though we live in our own apartment and my older children have over 11k in income a year.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

purplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud of

Hi Muni,

I would say that you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by seeking a co-sponsor, just in case. If you get the ball rolling now you might be able to get the I-134 back in time for your interview.

Good luck, I hope all goes well

Last edited by purplecub; Apr 8th 2009 at 10:48 am. Reason: confuddled
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Thank you
We are trying to sort it out at this very moment but time is not on our side
But i am trying to remain hopeful.
He has about 60k in the bank so i am hoping that will help.
Thank you heaps i have learnt so much from this site
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:46 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

m,

That amount of money should help a lot. As long as, should the question be asked, he has a good answer to how someone making ~$24,000 per year has managed to save that much.

Regards, JEff

He has about 60k in the bank so i am hoping that will help.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

purplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud of

Hi again Muni,

Have a look at the latest post on this thread - it deals with sending over documents (I-134s, no less ) from USA to UK for a reasonable price and quite quickly.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602083
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

It was from a house sale a while back all legal and legit,thanks for your help on this Abbie
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the above really, if you can show the savings as well as the income you shouldnt have a problem, You can always organize a co-sponsor just incase.

If you get it in time to take the interview great, but if not and they require another I-134 then you can send it in, so if you start to get one ready now and they ask for it you'll be ready to post it asap rather then wait to get all the documents together.

but as i said, i think you'll be fine with the income and savings
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:27 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. We had a joint sponsor (co-sponsor is the wrong term) but we didn't need one. I made enough money and had more than enough in savings and assets but since my job is mainly commision(tips) and although it gets reported and taxed in my paycheck I was concerned. My husband(then fiancee) showed my evidence of support for him at the interview and also mentioned we had a joint sponser but the con off said we didn't need one. If you can get one as a backup it can't hurt.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks pepsichic
I had a very sleepless night but am a lot less worried, we will still try and get a joint sponser lined up just incase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.