Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

****Denied K1 Visa today****....Appeal Question..(WAIVER)

****Denied K1 Visa today****....Appeal Question..(WAIVER)

Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:31 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ****Denied K1 Visa today****....Appeal Question..(WAIVER)

I'm not sure if that is the case or not.
I know when I was going through a similar situation I was advised to disclose EVERYTHING, even if it was no longer present on my record.
Just because things are removed from your 'publicly viewed' record, that does not mean it is removed from every single record in existence. The advice given to me which I think works best is disclose everything, and then let the powers that be decide if it is relevant or not.

Originally Posted by scarletpimponel
there is a 15yrs statutary limit on declaration of criminal offenses, therefore you dont have to declare them except in cases of violence or serious crime ( as far as i understand from the appeal forms anyway )
once again ty everybody for your help and advice
Old Sep 20th 2004, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

flower6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ****Denied K1 Visa today****....Appeal Question..(WAIVER)

Originally Posted by mattandtina
Hello-

We have been approved but my fiance has not had his interview yet. He does have some criminal record from when he was a youth so I am concerned that he might be rejected and I want to prepare in advance. I tried your link www.immigrate2us.com but the link was under construction. Do you have an alternative address? Thanks
Hello again,

Like other people have said, any convictions under the age of 18yrs of age doesn't count against him, but in the UK they will appear on his UK police report. Don't forget in the UK 16 is the legal age plus they list everything on their police report but it shouldnt be a problem for him if he was under the age of 18. My husband is from the UK and he had convictions, one at the age of 16. It has been 21yrs since his last. We had to file the I-601 as well but the officer at the embassy in London said the one at 16 didnt apply. So if his only convictions were under the age of 18 dont worry about it you will be fine. If his police report has nothing on it and he was under 18 then no need to mention it and they wont ask. Besides if he was under 18 it doesnt apply anyway and they know that.