Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Are you Smarter then a 5th Grader?

Are you Smarter then a 5th Grader?

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:45 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you Smarter then a 5th Grader?

Has anyone been watching this TV show? The level of stupidity is unbelievable.

Last week: If you cross the northern boarder of mainland USA, which country are you in? Contestant didn't have a f**king clue

This week: Which continent is also a country? Contestant - "all of them!" . She even went through them, “North America, well that’s a country, Europe well that is….. (The answer is Australia - apparently in the US this is classed as a continent, where as in UK we tend to call it Australasia or Oceania).
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:51 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you Smarter then a 5th Grader?

Originally Posted by Rob_999

Last week: If you cross the northern boarder of mainland USA, which country are you in? Contestant didn't have a f**king clue

This week: Which continent is also a country? Contestant - "all of them!" . She even went through them, “North America, well that’s a country, Europe well that is….. (The answer is Australia - apparently in the US this is classed as a continent, where as in UK we tend to call it Australasia or Oceania).
Doesn't the mainland USA have a border with Russia?

Australia/Australasia/Oceania is trickier. You have to consider things like NZ.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 3:14 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Of the contestants or of the viewers?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 3:24 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Doesn't the mainland USA have a border with Russia?

Australia/Australasia/Oceania is trickier. You have to consider things like NZ.
No to #1 and "mainland" would exclude Alaska. You have to cross through Canada to reach Alaska (through British Columbia). The border is a maritime border through the Bering Strait, not a land border -- though technically you can walk across in winter when the sea is frozen.

Americans are indeed taught that Australia is a continent unto itself.

This show makes me weep. We happened to watch the episode where "Canada" was the answer and my whole family jeered at the television.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Americans are indeed taught that Australia is a continent unto itself.
So are Canadians.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 4:06 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of being accused of being a spelling policeman - would a 5th grader spell Border or Boarder??????
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise033
At the risk of being accused of being a spelling policeman - would a 5th grader spell Border or Boarder??????
LOL - it's also "smarter than a fifth grader", not then

(That common error, along with 'women' used for the singular 'woman' - really peeves me).
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
LOL - it's also "smarter than a fifth grader", not then

(That common error, along with 'women' used for the singular 'woman' - really peeves me).
All woman say that.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
All woman say that.
<SLAP!>
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:41 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

<SLAP!>
So.

If I were to come over to your house park meself in front of your telly turn on the Flames game and say...get me a beer women.

You wouldn't be impressed.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
So.

If I were to come over to your house park meself in front of your telly turn on the Flames game and say...get me a beer women.

You wouldn't be impressed.
No I bloody wouldn't! YOU'D be getting me a beer
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:57 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

No I bloody wouldn't! YOU'D be getting me a beer
I could live with that...as long as I get to watch the hockey game between trips to the fridge.