Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

You can`t do this in the UK without being arrested!

You can`t do this in the UK without being arrested!

Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:10 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default You can`t do this in the UK without being arrested!

Had to let you know what we did at the weekend! As we had a bit of a dumping of snow Saturday Mr MMC`s mate called us and asked if we wanted to go creek racing, naive me thinks whats that so we agree

Apparently until it got banned a couple of years back, about 30 cars drive straight off the bank into the frozen (in most parts) creek and race to the bar (Last Chance Saloon in Wayne - amazing place) under 11 bridges, and its supposed to be fun and carnage at the same time!

So we decided to go for a spin in an old jeep cherokee down a creek!!!!! The creek is about 10 / 12 foot wide in some places then going to about 30ft wide and normally around 4 ft deep, I was crapping myself but soon chilled out when realised we weren't going to die and the guy who was driving was fantastic and we were tear arsing round there at about 100kph in some places! We raced a friend on a snow mobile and on the first run (trying to get to the bar) we went about 6km but then the bar was shut, so we turned around and came back the same way, (roads are so boring) but because we'd churned up the ice the poor guy on the snowmobile nearly sank in one part and got soaked hahaha.

He got off to dry off and I had a go zipping along the creek on the safe bits - those things are cool and faaaaast, this one was a 600 Polaris racing model and I gotta get me one!

Then Monday Mr MMC and chums started stripping an old cop car that they are going to use for this seasons stock car racing - you guessed it I was on beer and butty duty!

What a way to spend a weekend eh!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:21 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You can`t do this in the UK without being arrested!

That sounds fab but bloomin scary at the same time!!! Just reminded me of the thunder road scene in Grease but on much more dangerous terrain!

Sounds like you are having a great deal of fun out there. Lucky you.

Karen
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:30 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazbob
That sounds fab but bloomin scary at the same time!!! Just reminded me of the thunder road scene in Grease but on much more dangerous terrain!

Sounds like you are having a great deal of fun out there. Lucky you.

Karen
It was just like that but there were loads of twists and turns and bits kept falling off the jeep as we went flying over beaver dams, it was an absolute riot!

As a footnote it was probably akin to chavs ripping across a ploughed field on stolen motorcrossers in Birmingham or somewhere!

Lifestyle in Drumheller is all about working to earn enough money to play! What a place!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
As a footnote it was probably akin to chavs ripping across a ploughed field on stolen motorcrossers in Birmingham or somewhere!

Lifestyle in Drumheller is all about working to earn enough money to play! What a place!
And about wrecking the local habitat from the sound of things

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Feb 19th 2008 at 6:49 am.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Just read what you have said in the "Boring Forum" thread.

I guess I know what's coming next then
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:30 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

It was just like that but there were loads of twists and turns and bits kept falling off the jeep as we went flying over beaver dams, it was an absolute riot!

How entirely selfish and thoughtless.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:06 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
How entirely selfish and thoughtless.
yep
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, blooming immigrants wrecking the countryside.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:50 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by daft batty
Yep, blooming immigrants wrecking the countryside.

lol actually no - blooming immigrants hanging on for dear life in a Jeep with some locals actually, but the guilty by association tag will be there!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:57 am
Sawdust making harpy

The creek race had been an annual thing since 1982 and they only stopped it as too many cars were joinging in and it got dangerous, so i`d love to take credit for being irresponsible - but then I'd have to give you about 80% of the townspeoples numbers so you could lecture them too.

I see all your points I really do but guys - lighten up eh No person / animal was hurt (beaver dams were old ones) Wayne is a ghost town (not really any houses to annoy) bits that fell off were collected later by guy on snowmobile (the floor pan was a bit tricky tho) as for the smaller bits that may have been lost, who knows, can`t be mother theresa all the time.

Is no more an issue than going around on ATV'S, just on a bigger scale
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:02 am
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice

It's making me think Mad Max on Ice, or should that be........

Mad Mandymoochops on Ice!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:22 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

The creek race had been an annual thing since 1982 and they only stopped it as too many cars were joinging in and it got dangerous, so i`d love to take credit for being irresponsible - but then I'd have to give you about 80% of the townspeoples numbers so you could lecture them too.

I see all your points I really do but guys - lighten up eh No person / animal was hurt (beaver dams were old ones) Wayne is a ghost town (not really any houses to annoy) bits that fell off were collected later by guy on snowmobile (the floor pan was a bit tricky tho) as for the smaller bits that may have been lost, who knows, can`t be mother theresa all the time.

Sounded like fun
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:10 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no way I'm showing this thread to Chris, sounds like you had great fun Mandy....

Charlie
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:11 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a whole lotta fun to me
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

glad to hear no beavers were injured in the making of this thread

They used to race cars on the frozen lakes around here. I wonder why they stopped? Maybe snowmobiles are more fun??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.