Wow - i'm speechless

Old May 1st 2009, 10:11 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wow - i'm speechless

Well not really this is me we're talking about

But had an issue earlier with my bank (not BMO!!!! the other one I use RBC) went in to see them and basically back in Feb they should have changed my home branch to the new one when I moved house.

Due to a cock up on their part they didn't however I was none the wiser until today when I needed them to sort something out that only your home branch can.

After reaching boiling point in the branch and them apologising and me saying I couldn't wait and could they please just do what they said they were going to in the first place I came back to work.

10 mins later I get a call from the manager apologising and saying they needed me to fill out more paperwork - and could she bring it to my work right now to get it sorted this afternoon.

I thought this was above and beyond the call of duty anyway - but to top it off she gave me a Tim Card with $10 on as an apology for keeping me waiting in the branch and for their mess up.

OK so its been inconvienient and will be until the paperwork is done but OMG - never experienced service like that before
Old May 1st 2009, 10:13 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wow - i'm speechless

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

But had an issue earlier with my bank (not BMO!!!! the other one I use RBC) went in to see them and basically back in Feb they should have changed my home branch to the new one when I moved house.

Due to a cock up on their part they didn't however I was none the wiser until today when I needed them to sort something out that only your home branch can.

After reaching boiling point in the branch and them apologising and me saying I couldn't wait and could they please just do what they said they were going to in the first place I came back to work.

10 mins later I get a call from the manager apologising and saying they needed me to fill out more paperwork - and could she bring it to my work right now to get it sorted this afternoon.

I thought this was above and beyond the call of duty anyway - but to top it off she gave me a Tim Card with $10 on as an apology for keeping me waiting in the branch and for their mess up.

OK so its been inconvienient and will be until the paperwork is done but OMG - never experienced service like that before
Frame that Tim card Well its nice to get something back for a change
Old May 1st 2009, 10:14 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Thats excellent service, once had a similar thing from Nat West were they had royally cocked up. Manager sent me a letter of apology and a Mont Blanc pen.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:14 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I sometimes wish I could render my OH speechless with a $10 Timmies card.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:15 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Only in Canada....

Thats a lovely gesture, i hope things get sorted out for you soon
Old May 1st 2009, 10:21 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Over the past 4yrs, my business account manager at RBC has graciously provided:
  • A huge bouquet of flowers
  • A basket of fruit
  • $75 voucher for a local restaurant
  • Over $500 of refunded bank charges and
  • A crappy calendar each January

I won't move to another bank, as the mistakes have become a standing joke, and the compensation's been worth looking forward to.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:23 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Over the past 4yrs, my business account manager at RBC has graciously provided:
  • A huge bouquet of flowers
  • A basket of fruit
  • $75 voucher for a local restaurant
  • Over $500 of refunded bank charges and
  • A crappy calendar each January

I won't move to another bank, as the mistakes have become a standing joke, and the compensation's been worth looking forward to.
Could you forward a name and branch address for me please
Old May 1st 2009, 10:25 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
Could you forward a name and branch address for me please
RBC, Victoria St, downtown Kamloops. Ask for the senior agriculture business account manager. In fairness to her, several of the issues were created by her predecessor.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:59 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

RBC, Victoria St, downtown Kamloops. Ask for the senior agriculture business account manager. In fairness to her, several of the issues were created by her predecessor.

So what we're saying here is that if you don't mind a bank that makes minor f**k ups, but gives you nice pressies RBC is the one to go to.
Old May 1st 2009, 11:02 pm
Pea Brain

So what we're saying here is that if you don't mind a bank that makes minor f**k ups, but gives you nice pressies RBC is the one to go to.
Spot on.

Once the f**k ups become regular, the value of gifts seem to increase as they try and rescue their credibility once again.
Old May 1st 2009, 11:05 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Spot on.

Once the f**k ups become regular, the value of gifts seem to increase as they try and rescue their credibility once again.
Unfortunately it always seems to happen to one customer. In this case it seems to be you RICH - i'd hold out for a car next maybe................
Old May 1st 2009, 11:06 pm
NEMESIS

Damn.......i dont know anything about the agricultural business ! I ve got no chance of getting any freebies then ! thanks anyway Rich

(i`ll try and get Mandy to send me her Tim card )
Old May 2nd 2009, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

on that note, my bank called me to apologise that we should have had free banking for a year when we opened it and refnded all the fees !

can't see that ever happening in the UK.

i had a barclays account for 20 years and never got a call, my bank here calls me just to see how I am !
Old May 2nd 2009, 2:51 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Given the similarity of services and fees the only difference a bank/branch can make is in the quality of service provided.
Bottom line is "the bank/branch that gets it right, wins".
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:25 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I sometimes wish I could render my OH speechless with a $10 Timmies card.
I guess she's hoping for $20.

I love being able to get a bank card replaced within 5 mins, instead of having to wait a week or more back in the UK.

Except for Rogers or Bell, I've been pretty impressed with my experiences of customer service here 99% of the time. I find Virgin Mobile's call centre very funny in a good way.

I certainly prefer the Canadian banking system better than what I was used to with LTSB, and am very happy not having to pay an extortionate amount for a phone call just because someone else wants me to call their cellphone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.