Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Would you do it all again?

View Poll Results: Knowing what you do now, would you do it all again?
Yes, in a heartbeat
38.75%
Yes, its OK I suppose
17.50%
Probably not
28.75%
You are kidding, over my dead body!
8.75%
Ive not made it yet, but I hope its worth it.
6.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Would you do it all again?

Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:42 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you do it all again?

Originally Posted by dollface
Is it too late for you to go back?
I am hoping to go back in a couple of years when daughter finishes school. Hubby doesn't want to, but will for me.

I don't want to knock Canada, as with a few of you, it has been good to us. I just want to be around friends that I love rather than just acquatances.

I am sick of the long winters too. I know we have lovely blue skies here which does make a difference, but all the damn snow and cold days
England already has there flowers out and spring is well under way. No chance of it here for quite a while yet
Old Mar 1st 2011, 2:30 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
I am sick of the long winters too. I know we have lovely blue skies here which does make a difference, but all the damn snow and cold days
I don't mind the cold, it's the constant snow this winter.

Record snow "on the ground" and we're still adding to it every couple of days. They've already been around to remove some of the snow banks a week ago, carting it off to the snow dump out of town - something only done once before in 5 winters - and they are already the same size again. Another warning for a snow storm in a couple of days after the schools were closed yesterday for one.

Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

I clicked - Yes its ok I suppose!

Because it is, just that - 'OK'. Not terrible or disastrous just OK.

I would do it all over again because I think I would have regretted not giving it a try.

In hindsight, maybe would have done things differently and not have come here with the stubborn attitude that Nova Scotia was forever!! Was a hard pill to swallow (2.5 years in) when I realised that what I was searching for by emmigrating was really just as available to me in the UK. I just didnt see it or didnt want to see it!!!

Now I am looking forward to putting just as much effort into my new life back in the UK, as I did into the immigration process and getting set up in the great Canadian outdoors!

Funny where life takes us, no regrets - have to try these things!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

in a heartbeat for me.....moving was a huge effort, immigration is still a PITA, the family distance really sucks for sure, and some would argue, same s**t different continent and all that, but NS is being good to us so far

looking forward to summer and life at the lake watching my son play in the baseball team
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

In a heartbeat -

Company did most of the groundwork for my work visas and some nice lady kept calling me from Vegerville every time I managed to **** up one of the forms for the immigration and she also gave me a direct fax number to get the forms back to her directly - So the whole immigration thing was pretty much a walk in the park

As for equity - due to circumstances all I had was a couple of kitbags of clothes so the exchange rate meant nothing really