View Poll Results: Which one tastes worse?
Neo-citran (in all it's flavours)
66.67%
Lemsip (in all it's flavours)
33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Worst tasting

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:07 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worst tasting

So here I am with what amounts to my 3rd cold since Xmas. Feeling miserable and generally complaining to everyone who will listen about how bad my 'man-cold' is.

I've just started drinking a Neo-citran and Christ, does it taste foul!

My pointless question is this:

Which tastes worse - Lemsip or Neo-citran?

(ps: Yes dbd I am at work and not shirking off like some namby pamby local )
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:37 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all
Default Re: Worst tasting

Hmmm difficult one that. Blackcurrant lemsip is vile, tastebud destroying stuff, but the lemon is much tastier than neo-citran's original imo.

On balance I went citran, feels like they've not tried to make any of the flavours even remotely approach what it says on the box.

Aside - you could take the cold/flu cures in pill form instead if they have those there?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:45 pm

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward
Hmmm difficult one that. Blackcurrant lemsip is vile, tastebud destroying stuff, but the lemon is much tastier than neo-citran's original imo.

On balance I went citran, feels like they've not tried to make any of the flavours even remotely approach what it says on the box.

Aside - you could take the cold/flu cures in pill form instead if they have those there?
Strangely enough I preferred the blackcurrant lemsip.

I have been taking the acetawhatsisname but noticed there were a few sachets of Neocitran in the work kitchen.

Mind you, my Mum always said that the worse a medicine tastes, the better it is for you (she's mad though).
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:53 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Put a spoonfull of sugar in the lemon neo-shitrin, and it's more pleasant.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H
Put a spoonfull of sugar in the lemon neo-shitrin, and it's more pleasant.
I was thinking of dumping a large Scotch into it?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:57 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
I was thinking of dumping a large Scotch into it?
A man after my own heart. In fact dump the Neo-Citran and go for Scotch & hot water with maybe a bit of sugar.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
A man after my own heart. In fact dump the Neo-Citran and go for Scotch & hot water with maybe a bit of sugar.
Excellent idea. A hot toddy it is then and to Hell with the medicinal properties.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:06 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent idea. A hot toddy it is then and to Hell with the medicinal properties.
I rather suspect that the benefits of a hot toddy, particular as an aid to a good nights sleep outweigh those of the Neo-Citron. (I'm sure Bazzz will be along in a minute though to ask for evidence of peer reviewed research on the subject!)
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:14 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I rather suspect that the benefits of a hot toddy, particular as an aid to a good nights sleep outweigh those of the Neo-Citron. (I'm sure Bazzz will be along in a minute though to ask for evidence of peer reviewed research on the subject!)
I've checked the databases and there seems to be precious little research done on the efficacy of hot toddies in combating the common cold. In light of this I propose that the members of this forum undertake a large scale trial of booze consumption to see if it makes them feel any better.

Any takers? In the name of science, of course.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you, my Mum always said that the worse a medicine tastes, the better it is for you (she's mad though).
Has to be Buckleys then
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:16 pm

Something along the lines of:

"A panel of 100 alcoholics were given unmarked glasses of rot-gut gin, rubbing alcohol, 25 year old Malt and Neo-citran. After 4 hours 10 went blind, 50 were chasing the 'faeries' and the others didn't give a damn. Conclusively proving that it's not a good idea to give alcoholics free booze." ??????
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:17 pm
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by bazzz
Any takers? In the name of science, of course.
I'm in. I don't have a cold at present. Is that a problem?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:27 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

So here I am with what amounts to my 3rd cold since Xmas. Feeling miserable and generally complaining to everyone who will listen about how bad my 'man-cold' is.

I've just started drinking a Neo-citran and Christ, does it taste foul!

My pointless question is this:

Which tastes worse - Lemsip or Neo-citran?

(ps: Yes dbd I am at work and not shirking off like some namby pamby local )
So you have one of these. You poor, poor man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6DktXFvg4
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:29 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in. I don't have a cold at present. Is that a problem?
Not at all, you can be part of the control group. Of course, we'll need some people to drink control non-alcoholic whisky.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P
So you have one of these. You poor, poor man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6DktXFvg4
No, it's much, much worse. I may die.....unless I get a shed-load of sympathy and my dinner made for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.