Words fail me!

Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:05 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Words fail me!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...liday-fun.html

Who would go on a holiday like this, and take children.

Its sickening.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:09 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Words fail me!

That's just horrible!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

The fact its giraffes and its families doing it is a bit different, but really is it that different to bear hunting, or deer hunting, or the turkey hunt, or seal season, or cows in an abatoir, or fishing in the creek? When you get right down to the nitty gritty? Come to think of it doesnt canada sell licenses to hunt polar bears?

Cant say its something I would advocate, but as I eat meat that probably makes me a hypocrite on some level.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:13 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
The fact its giraffes and its families doing it is a bit different, but really is it that different to bear hunting, or deer hunting, or the turkey hunt, or seal season, or cows in an abatoir, or fishing in the creek? When you get right down to the nitty gritty? Come to think of it doesnt canada sell licenses to hunt polar bears?

Cant say its something I would advocate, but as I eat meat that probably makes me a hypocrite on some level.
Deer, turkey and fishing - yes it is different. Generally you eat your kill ( even moose ). Giraffe burgers packed in ice for the plane journey home; not so much.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:16 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

I agree its hunting, in no way different from shooting a bear, or deer, or moose here

Its legal, we've done the gun’s and all hunters are blood thirsty nut job threads before
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:18 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Deer, turkey and fishing - yes it is different. Generally you eat your kill ( even moose ). Giraffe burgers packed in ice for the plane journey home; not so much.
Shoudln't that read "Generally you can eat your kill" ?

Who's to say that the giraffe won't get eaten, I bet the local's won't leave that much meat to rot, unlike what can and does happen here for sport
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:18 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You are warned specifically not to eat too much of the fish you pull out of the water around here due to the heavy metal content or whatever, fishing here is most definitely for "sport".
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:21 pm
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique

Its sickening.
Agree it is sickening but no more than any other type of hunting as a leisure pursuit imo
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:26 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillyd65
Agree it is sickening but no more than any other type of hunting as a leisure pursuit imo
'Ere we go. Must go and get the moose burgers out of the freezer now. Goes down lovely with some seal flipper pie eaten while reclining on a bearskin rug.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Sorry, never answered the question.

Probably the same sort of people who take a week off work and their teenage kids out of school for a week every year to go sit in the woods in the rain, covered in urine that they paid good money for in hope of bagging a bear or a 14pt stag.

But the giraffes probably have to wait until after they won the 6-49.

I think that as people become more and more urban based we lose sight of the reality of how the food chain works, and the fact that some people enjoy hunting.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 1st 2012 at 7:41 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:33 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Shoudln't that read "Generally you can eat your kill" ?

Who's to say that the giraffe won't get eaten, I bet the local's won't leave that much meat to rot, unlike what can and does happen here for sport
Well wherever the 'sport' happens I don't agree with it. Shooting and eating, sure, but just to say you have shot something and how bloody great am I to shooting a large animal stood still, sorry that's a no.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:37 pm
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
'Ere we go. Must go and get the moose burgers out of the freezer now. Goes down lovely with some seal flipper pie eaten while reclining on a bearskin rug.
Fair enough if you eat the thing, but as a trophy - no. Try deep fried gator balls if you're ever in the Southern States of the US, I'm told they are 'awesome'.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:37 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Its sickening.
That should have come with a warning before clicking how awful, they need to be treated with the same respect as they have shown the poor animals, makes me want to cry.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:41 pm
Part Time Poster

Well wherever the 'sport' happens I don't agree with it. Shooting and eating, sure, but just to say you have shot something and how bloody great am I to shooting a large animal stood still, sorry that's a no.
Don't get me wrong, I see hunting as a primitve primate blood lust

but what I think is happening here is the "pretty Giraffe" will cloud the issue, when many on here are quite happy to see the local wildlife blown away as thats OK and normal but "exotcis" are not, when they are only exotic because they're not "local" to us
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:43 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Don't get me wrong, I see hunting as a primitve primate blood lust

but what I think is happening here is the "pretty Giraffe" will cloud the issue, when many on here are quite happy to see the local wildlife blown away as thats OK and normal but "exotcis" are not, when they are only exotic because they're not "local" to us
Thats my point too FWIW, although I suspect that hunters would defend their actions as something more than a primitive bloodlust.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.