Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Womens World Hockey Championships!

Womens World Hockey Championships!

Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Womens World Hockey Championships!

Start April 4 - 12! Come one and all to cheer the girls on to another gold medal!!!

Here is the link if you want to know when and who they are playing! This is so exciting!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?fid=11388
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:33 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Womens World Hockey Championships!

Is it that time of year already???
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:48 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

Wish the boys played like the girls.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:54 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gingnut
Wish the boys played like the girls.
Here we go again.

A reminder if the boys had the level of competition the girls do then they would look pretty damned good too.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Here we go again.

A reminder if the boys had the level of competition the girls do then they would look pretty damned good too.
A bit of a funny story here. The girls were in Victoria at bear mountain last week for a practice run before the worlds. They played a mens minor midget team (no contact), won one game and lost the second badly and the shoot-out!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:59 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
Start April 4 - 12! Come one and all to cheer the girls on to another gold medal!!!

Here is the link if you want to know when and who they are playing! This is so exciting!!!

I can't wait for the game against Mexico.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:03 pm

A bit of a funny story here. The girls were in Victoria at bear mountain last week for a practice run before the worlds. They played a mens minor midget team (no contact), won one game and lost the second badly and the shoot-out!
You do realise of course that a "minor midget" team is a community level team comprised of 15 to 17 year old BOYS not men.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:04 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Ok.... so the first time i heard that phrase *Midget team* .... well i'm sure you can guess the images running through my head....
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:08 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Is there really any chance that someone other than the Canadian women will win? Really?

Its about as much of a competitive challenge as, Oh I dont know, Liverpool FC playing in the FA cup against some middle of the table team from the division below...lets say, Barnsley.

Hang on a sec...I'd better come up with a different analogy!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Ok.... so the first time i heard that phrase *Midget team* .... well i'm sure you can guess the images running through my head....
With no knowledge of minor league hockey I can well imagine what you thought.

Ager groups for minor league hockey in Canada.
  • Mite (ages 3-4)
  • Tyke (ages 5-6)
  • Novice (ages 7-8)
  • Atom (ages 9-10)
  • Peewee (ages 11-12)
  • Bantam (ages 13-14)
  • Midget (ages 15-17)
  • Juvenile (ages 18-20)
Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by iaink
Is there really any chance that someone other than the Canadian women will win? Really?
Very definitely the U.S. women have a chance.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:12 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

I'm only 5 foot, and not picky... lol
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:12 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Very definitely the U.S. women have a chance.
Hmm, so an international tournament where realisitically two sides are in with a chance to win. How thrilling.

Why not just spare the others the hassle of traveling and play the final now and then Sue can get on with her research again that much sooner
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P;
With no knowledge of minor league hockey I can well imagine what you thought.

Ager groups for minor league hockey in Canada.
  • Mite (ages 3-4)
  • Tyke (ages 5-6)
  • Novice (ages 7-8)
  • Atom (ages 9-10)
  • Peewee (ages 11-12)
  • Bantam (ages 13-14)
  • Midget (ages 15-17)
  • Juvenile (ages 18-20)
Cheers
Steve
I must say I've always thought that "Peewee" would be more appropriate for the 3-4 year olds.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I must say I've always thought that "Peewee" would be more appropriate for the 3-4 year olds.
What about that Peewee Herman guy? He's a tad older than either group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Reubens

But hey I didn't make 'em up I just passed them along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.