British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Woman injures leg in Beaver crash... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/woman-injures-leg-beaver-crash-384750/)

Steve_P Jul 13th 2006 3:10 pm

Woman injures leg in Beaver crash...

Pilot 'grateful' after surviving crash

Accident - A pilot received stitches after injuring her left leg in an ultralight crash-landing Tuesday night near Lethbridge. Lauretta Nordstrom, 49, of Coaldale, was landing a Beaver RX550 when it crashed 10 kilometres east of Coaldale shortly before 10 p.m.

Unexpected turbulence may have caused the pilot to lose control of the aircraft, said Lethbridge RCMP.

Nordstrom disagrees.

"I wouldn't say there was turbulence," she said Wednesday. "I don't see that as a factor."

Nordstrom said she lost control after the aircraft bounced on the grass airstrip. Rescue crews had to cut the fibreglass shell to get her out.

"I feel fine -- I'm very grateful," said Nordstrom, who was released from hospital on Wednesday.

Butch Cassidy Jul 13th 2006 3:11 pm

Re: Woman injures leg in Beaver crash...

Originally Posted by Hangman

Accident - A pilot received stitches after injuring her left leg in an ultralight crash-landing Tuesday night near Lethbridge. Lauretta Nordstrom, 49, of Coaldale, was landing a Beaver RX550 when it crashed 10 kilometres east of Coaldale shortly before 10 p.m.

Unexpected turbulence may have caused the pilot to lose control of the aircraft, said Lethbridge RCMP.

Nordstrom disagrees.

"I wouldn't say there was turbulence," she said Wednesday. "I don't see that as a factor."

Nordstrom said she lost control after the aircraft bounced on the grass airstrip. Rescue crews had to cut the fibreglass shell to get her out.

"I feel fine -- I'm very grateful," said Nordstrom, who was released from hospital on Wednesday.

Serves her right for taking the beaver out of its natural Habitat. :mad:

IceMaiden Jul 13th 2006 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Hangman

Nordstrom disagrees.

Always turbulence where beavers are involved ;)

iaink Jul 13th 2006 3:22 pm

Well, this thread was... dissapointing

hot wasabi peas Jul 13th 2006 3:23 pm

Yeouch! Crashing a beaver!

<crosses legs>

oceanMDX Jul 13th 2006 3:42 pm

She should be glad that her beaver didn't catch fire.