Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Woman injures leg in Beaver crash...

Woman injures leg in Beaver crash...

Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:10 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Woman injures leg in Beaver crash...

Pilot 'grateful' after surviving crash

Accident - A pilot received stitches after injuring her left leg in an ultralight crash-landing Tuesday night near Lethbridge. Lauretta Nordstrom, 49, of Coaldale, was landing a Beaver RX550 when it crashed 10 kilometres east of Coaldale shortly before 10 p.m.

Unexpected turbulence may have caused the pilot to lose control of the aircraft, said Lethbridge RCMP.

Nordstrom disagrees.

"I wouldn't say there was turbulence," she said Wednesday. "I don't see that as a factor."

Nordstrom said she lost control after the aircraft bounced on the grass airstrip. Rescue crews had to cut the fibreglass shell to get her out.

"I feel fine -- I'm very grateful," said Nordstrom, who was released from hospital on Wednesday.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:11 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woman injures leg in Beaver crash...

Originally Posted by Hangman

Accident - A pilot received stitches after injuring her left leg in an ultralight crash-landing Tuesday night near Lethbridge. Lauretta Nordstrom, 49, of Coaldale, was landing a Beaver RX550 when it crashed 10 kilometres east of Coaldale shortly before 10 p.m.

Unexpected turbulence may have caused the pilot to lose control of the aircraft, said Lethbridge RCMP.

Nordstrom disagrees.

"I wouldn't say there was turbulence," she said Wednesday. "I don't see that as a factor."

Nordstrom said she lost control after the aircraft bounced on the grass airstrip. Rescue crews had to cut the fibreglass shell to get her out.

"I feel fine -- I'm very grateful," said Nordstrom, who was released from hospital on Wednesday.
Serves her right for taking the beaver out of its natural Habitat.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:16 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hangman

Nordstrom disagrees.

Always turbulence where beavers are involved
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this thread was... dissapointing
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:23 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeouch! Crashing a beaver!

<crosses legs>
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:42 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

She should be glad that her beaver didn't catch fire.