Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Winifred Atwell - Love her or hate her!

Winifred Atwell - Love her or hate her!

Old May 10th 2008, 10:53 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winifred Atwell - Love her or hate her!

My husband loves to put music to his photo shows and we spend hours deciding what suits what - drives me to despair as we have quite different tastes in music. He gets very annoyed when I show them to friends and turn the volume down

He loves Winnie and has just downloaded one of her collections . He is driving me batty sitting in the same room playing it over and over again - anyone got any spare ear plugs?
Old May 10th 2008, 11:00 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winifred Atwell - Love her or hate her!

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
My husband loves to put music to his photo shows and we spend hours deciding what suits what - drives me to despair as we have quite different tastes in music. He gets very annoyed when I show them to friends and turn the volume down

He loves Winnie and has just downloaded one of her collections . He is driving me batty sitting in the same room playing it over and over again - anyone got any spare ear plugs?
I feel your pain, my husband thinks he's a great singer...omg he sooo is not, anyway he's told the kids that if we get our PR for Canada then he's going to audition for Canadian Idol..my 14 year old doesn't even want to go now
Old May 10th 2008, 11:02 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabc0077
I feel your pain, my husband thinks he's a great singer...omg he sooo is not, anyway he's told the kids that if we get our PR for Canada then he's going to audition for Canadian Idol..my 14 year old doesn't even want to go now
I just cannt bring myself to watch it! Good luck with your PR.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:05 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

See now I am going to have to go and find this person singing as I have never heard of her...and my OH is in the room with me...and what if he hears and loves her music as well....then what?!! See what you have started...shame on you!!

Last edited by AmyDavid; May 10th 2008 at 11:07 pm. Reason: Called Winifred a him...shame on my as my mother's middle name is Winifred and thus I should know better!
Old May 10th 2008, 11:08 pm
Arrived at last!!

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
See now I am going to have to go and find this person singing as I have never heard of her...and my OH is in the room with me...and what if he hears and loves her music as well....then what?!! See what you have started...shame on you!!
Its a her - but I beg you don't go there. She was popular (with some) in the 50's!
Old May 10th 2008, 11:09 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Its a her - but I beg you don't go there. She was popular (with some) in the 50's!
You saw my reply before I edited it!! I am attempting to get him to get me a glass of wine so I can quickly listen!!
Old May 10th 2008, 11:09 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid

Winnie doesn't sing she plays a piano. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-JP4tJBfitE

It's long, long time since I've heard her name mentioned. I used to like some of her stuff but I don't think I could take any more than one or two tunes these days.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:10 pm
Arrived at last!!

Perhaps my dislike comes from the fact that my MIL's middle name was Winifred!!!
Old May 10th 2008, 11:10 pm
Arrived at last!!

Have sympathy with me then because he just downloaded fifteen tracks!!!!
Old May 10th 2008, 11:11 pm

Perhaps my dislike comes from the fact that my MIL's middle name was Winifred!!!
OMG - my Mum's middle name is Winifred...eek were you married to one of my Brothers?!
Old May 10th 2008, 11:12 pm

Have sympathy with me then because he just downloaded fifteen tracks!!!!
Oh I am so sorry for you.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:16 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Don't be too hasty...maybe it's the one where she's playing Gershwin!!
Old May 10th 2008, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by rabc0077
Don't be too hasty...maybe it's the one where she's playing Gershwin!!
One can only hope.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:21 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

One can only hope.
Or the one where she's playing the OTHER piano
Old May 10th 2008, 11:21 pm
Arrived at last!!

He has moved on to PanPipes now It must be the age difference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.