Wine & Cheese lovers

Old Dec 11th 2020, 2:15 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wine & Cheese lovers

There's good news for wine and cheese lovers, diet may help cognitive decline.

https://www.research.iastate.edu/new...itive-decline/

Here are four of the most significant findings from the study:

1) Cheese, by far, was shown to be the most protective food against age-related cognitive problems, even late into life;

2) The daily consumption of alcohol, particularly red wine, was related to improvements in cognitive function;

3) Weekly consumption of lamb, but not other red meats, was shown to improve long-term cognitive prowess; and

4) Excessive consumption of salt is bad, but only individuals already at risk for Alzheimer’s Disease may need to watch their intake to avoid cognitive problems over time.

Old Dec 11th 2020, 2:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wine & Cheese lovers

Originally Posted by Danny B

1) Cheese, by far, was shown to be the most protective food against age-related cognitive problems, even late into life;

2) The daily consumption of alcohol, particularly red wine, was related to improvements in cognitive function;
My two favourite things. This is now quite possibly the best day of my life
Old Dec 11th 2020, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B

Here are four of the most significant findings from the study:

3) Weekly consumption of lamb, but not other red meats, was shown to improve long-term cognitive prowess; and

4) Excessive consumption of salt is bad, but only individuals already at risk for Alzheimer’s Disease may need to watch their intake to avoid cognitive problems over time.
Excellent!!! I love all of the above.... cheese is the food of Gods! lol paired with a fullbodied red wine and it goes up another level... and lamb is my favourite red meat. Just aswell...., I need all the help I can get, my memory is terrible, always has been, even as a kid, but now throw the age factor in too.. ah screw the diet I need cheese wine and lamb,,,, its medicinal!!

Old Dec 11th 2020, 5:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Excellent!!! I love all of the above.... cheese is the food of Gods! lol paired with a fullbodied red wine and it goes up another level... and lamb is my favourite red meat. Just aswell...., I need all the help I can get, my memory is terrible, always has been, even as a kid, but now throw the age factor in too.. ah screw the diet I need cheese wine and lamb,,,, its medicinal!!
Sweet dreams are made of cheese
Who am I to diss a brie
Old Dec 11th 2020, 5:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

It's very good for you, but doesn't take anything away from the undeniable benefits of gin and pork sausages.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 8:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheese.. great for cognitive issues, not so great for your arteries - senility or increased risk of making the atherosclerosis worse.. hmmm decisions decisions, lol.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Cheese.. great for cognitive issues, not so great for your arteries - senility or increased risk of making the atherosclerosis worse.. hmmm decisions decisions, lol.
My arteries are screwed then....

Old Dec 12th 2020, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
My arteries are screwed then....
Me too J! me too... oh well...life without cheese would be a tough life... i eat healthy in general so maybe i can get away with the cheese...
Old Dec 12th 2020, 3:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of cheese what cheese(s) do you buy for the Yuletide?

This year I'm going to indulge for the first time in 3 years and have Cambezola and Brie (my 2 favourite cheeses after a good strong white cheddar)
Old Dec 12th 2020, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Talking of cheese what cheese(s) do you buy for the Yuletide?

This year I'm going to indulge for the first time in 3 years and have Cambezola and Brie (my 2 favourite cheeses after a good strong white cheddar)
All of them! lol Its the best thing about Christmas.... a free for all on the cheese!

top choices Siouxie ....I approve!! I have to say a very old infact vintage white cheddar is hard to beat....
Old Dec 12th 2020, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Me too J! me too... oh well...life without cheese would be a tough life... i eat healthy in general so maybe i can get away with the cheese...

I just love cheese too much to give it up. I will say though I eat far less of it since moving to Canada due to high cost, but I still eat a bit every week.

I go through life with the motto of, eat what you like, not what others tell you to eat. Sure it may cut a few years off my life, but such is life
Old Dec 13th 2020, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I just love cheese too much to give it up. I will say though I eat far less of it since moving to Canada due to high cost, but I still eat a bit every week.

I go through life with the motto of, eat what you like, not what others tell you to eat. Sure it may cut a few years off my life, but such is life
Totally agree J.... i aim to eat healthily overall....but I intend to enjoy the things i love in life too, like cheese, the weekend bacon and egg sandwich and a few drinks every weekend... if this shaves a few years off my life, at least the ones I have lived will be ones where I have enjoyed. I like this quote from Sir Anthony Hopkins ....I think it was him anyway....

“None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after-thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.”

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Dec 13th 2020 at 4:18 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 7:19 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Loblaws seems to have more and more interesting British cheeses. Hope this doesn't hiccup with Brexit!
Old Dec 18th 2020, 9:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Loblaws seems to have more and more interesting British cheeses. Hope this doesn't hiccup with Brexit!
Funnily enough I was going to mention this too - having just joined 'Voila by Sobeys" they have some great cheeses (although they don't have Cambezola) - I'm impressed so far, my first delivery on Sunday (and all for a $7.99 delivery charge - no tip, no percentage).. I did order one good strong cheddar

By far the biggest choice of cheeses (600) are to be had at Starsky's Fine Foods https://starskycanada.com/

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 18th 2020 at 9:29 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding red wine the active anti-aging ingredient is Resveratrol, which you can get as a supplement if you want to avoid the negative health consequences of alcohol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.