Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Will work for money.... Vancouver

Will work for money.... Vancouver

Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light
Default Will work for money.... Vancouver

I'm not sure if you're allowed to pimp yourself out on BE But in these tough time its worth a try.

If anyone works for a company in Vancouver or surrounding area that needs a Marketing Manager / Media Director then please let me know. I have 7 years experience in London and a year or so over here, but am looking for a new role & challenge.

The job market is slow for obvious reasons, so its always good to see if you can obtain any insider tip offs.

Please send me a private message if you do... many thanks
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:34 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will work for money.... Vancouver

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're into Marketing and Media couldn't you come up with a better thread title than this one?

Last edited by Steve_P; Apr 7th 2009 at 9:51 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're into Marketing and Media couldn't you come up with a better thread title than this one.
Touche....

I didn't know whether BE allows these types of job request treads, so I was trying to keep it a little more tongue in cheek. I thought all the 'Excellent Marketing Professional', 'Award Winning', 'Named as top UK Marketing Person' blurb is best left in the resume.

Feedback appreciated though!! Although you did read the thread and took time to commented on it... something in the title must work
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:55 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dieseltank
Touché...

Feedback appreciated though!! Although you did read the thread and took time to commented on it... something in the title must work
...and a tip of the hat to you sir.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

No offense intended BUT I think the title reminds of homeless people you would see on the streets in bleak movies! And whenever I see that i feel sad, its everywhere....I still remember seeing the mass protest in france last year when people who had decent housing joined the homeless in protest by sleeping on the pathway.

And just in case you get me wrong I am equally ,if not much more, WORRIED that others as I make the move to montreal soon.

So please lets not be disproportionate. Wish you well, earnestly!

Originally Posted by Steve_P
...and a tip of the hat to you sir.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:52 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I actually thought the title was quite clever - kind of a reverse play on words -

Will work for shoes / chocolate (the main one for the ladies!)

Then theres obviously the "will work for food" sad scenario.

To blatantly state it as it is I think is good title
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Imagine what I could do with more than 5 words!

Joking aside, thanks for your comments. I only posted this on the million to one chance an expat CEO of a large firm in Vancouver happened to be looking for a marketing person whom they wanted to lavish with a great salary.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket instead
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:58 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

The title made 123 people look even if they didn't join in.

Isn't there somewhere on BE that you can advertise jobs etc.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Imagine what I could do with more than 5 words!:

Come on then entertain us, show us what you can do with more than 5 words. I am really amazed by marketing people! The advert world is fantastic......you could spend your life watching all of them on youtube.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Come on then entertain us, show us what you can do with more than 5 words. I am really amazed by marketing people! The advert world is fantastic......you could spend your life watching all of them on youtube.
ahh.... a five word challenge (is that my 5 words used up?)
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

You've got it...Creativity!!!! You're Hired

ahh.... a five word challenge (is that my 5 words used up?)
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

If you will work for money, what would you do for sex?

Just askin', not offering
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

:

Originally Posted by triumphguy
If you will work for money, what would you do for sex?

Just askin', not offering
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:24 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
The title made 123 people look even if they didn't join in.

Isn't there somewhere on BE that you can advertise jobs etc.
Yes, and I did
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:25 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
what would you do for sex?
Oh, I only need four words to deal with all that.

Boy scouts. Girl guides.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.